My first ever attempt at this

I've only put a few up as i still have loads to sort through

C&C more than welcome

zwx8u9.jpg

wuse4l.jpg

2ec2jdg.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Dave

Great shots for a first attempt at this. Nicely exposed, sharp and nice balanced colours and tones (y)

Thanks Duckydoodle, hmmm i'm not sure of them, i've seen some really high standard shots and mine dont even compare to them

I'd say they're technically good photos of horses with riders on them. But it would be nice to have some race action in there too. So next time you're at the races, keep that in mind while you're shooting (y)

2 horses side by side, neck and neck... something along those lines :)

2 horses side by side, neck and neck... something along those lines :)

Not always so easy at somewhere like Hexham which is a National Hunt track as the nature of the races tend to mean the finishes are a bit more strung out (and worn out) than on the flat.

Have you got any of them goin over the hurdles?

Yep, definitely agree. Technically they're good but they look like they're going down in the photos.

2 horses side by side, neck and neck... something along those lines

Coming right up...

And as mentioned previosly, the racers came in drips and drabs so group shots were hard!

Hope you don't mind me asking but where about are you from exactly ?

Also, just running a few photo's in photoshop, they will be done in a few minutes

Good shots for a 1st try. Its not easy, I know I'd taken some at Hexham and at Carlisle both over the jumps and its hard.

In the 1st I felt it was a bit of a shame the tail is clipped, and the feet are missing, It feels a strange crop to me.

2nd I like but its a it tight in the frame

3rd I really like, but if i was to be picky its a shame the reflection in the mirror is of a person and not the horse, maybe a bit of pp would come in.

Just read these back and realised its more like I would put in the Critique section, but decided to leave them in

Hope you don't mind me asking but where about are you from exactly ?

Also, just running a few photo's in photoshop, they will be done in a few minutes

Up Fellside, next to Dukes House Wood.

Found you on Bebo, but don't recognise you. You're just a young'un (y)

Interested to see what you have in store...

Last edited:
haha yeah i am, 16 years young i guess. You will probally see me around sooner or later :) I live near the High school so i'm always wandering around taking shots .

haha yeah i am, 16 years young i guess. You will probally see me around sooner or later :) I live near the High school so i'm always wandering around taking shots .

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I also used to live near QEHS, on Tynedale Terrace. The pic of you in your room on Bebo, reminded me of my room when I was there... could it be the same street...
:cautious:

High Burswell, the house layout around here is practically the same mind ... where might i bump it to you ?

I'm sorry guys and girls but photoshop is having a real fit tonight so i will definately have those requested shots tomorrow :)

Keltic Ice Man,

This is turning into a bit of a local gathering :D

Your comments are spot on though. Ability is definitely there, it's mainly composition that needs a little work. But that's no bad thing. That's what we're all here for (y)

Yeah, one thing i thought to myself is uh oh, should have thought more about the compositon. I had my AF point to center :bang:

Im glad that there is another hexham go'er actually...

David, I don't really find myself around town very much - work up near Bellingham, and spend much of my weekends at Kielder trail building, or out riding my bike. Photography-wise, I do mainly Mountain Bike and Motorsport stuff, and have plans to get to these kind of events much more.

I am working towards an exhibition involving some locations up in the shire (allendale Chimneys, Carrshield Mine, Stublick Chimney), although that all depends on me getting some worthy pics, and I'm struggling at the minute!

So I guess Tesco is probably the likeliest place you'll spot me!!

But keep in touch, and I'll keep an eye out for your photos tomorrow (y)

Edit - I just love the way Tesco automatically turns into a link. As if they need the business!!

Last edited:
You wont miss me mind, pretty tall with long ginger hair, yeah i struggle to get a decent shot of some of the chimneys up near allendale aswell. I used to be into mountain biking but i can't get one that fits me cheaply lol.

Im in tesco every saturday night with my 2 mates buying supplies for our Xbox nights

Me tall and ginger too! Although my ginger has turned very dark, but if you spot someone with an Incan style Frog tattoo on his forearm, that is most likely me!!

Ah, xBox... sold my 360 about a year ago. And now people keep telling my how good Grand Theft Auto IV is. :bang:

I'm sorry, i've been feeling really bad about my photos over the last few days. I've been out 2 days in a row to take some wildlife shots, i haven't even pressed the shutter.They will come soon ...

I'm sorry, i've been feeling really bad about my photos over the last few days. I've been out 2 days in a row to take some wildlife shots, i haven't even pressed the shutter.They will come soon ...

Every picture you take will have positives and bring some kind of enjoyment or pleasure to someone.

Back