Hi! a couple of recent Lapwing shots

Edit My Images
No
A quick hello from me - I recognise a few names on here, so decided to join last night.

Here are a couple of Lapwing shots taken on 3 Jan at Pulborough Brooks RSPB reserve and a couple of in-flights taken last October at Oare Marshes in Kent. Hope you like them:

3 Jan pics:
p1002800988-4.jpg

p915508673-4.jpg

Oct pics:
p1064822529-4.jpg

p895171473-4.jpg

Linda

Very nice shots, Linda.
Perhaps No1 could have been improved if the feet were included, but apart from that - spot on!

Very nice shots, Linda.
Perhaps No1 could have been improved if the feet were included, but apart from that - spot on!

Hi and thanks very much. Re the feet, yes I know the problem LOL, but this male Lapwing came so close to the hide that I had difficulty getting all of him in. I rarely get the chance to photograph them at such close range and with my 400mm on, that did cause a bit of a problem with his feet lol.

Very nice set Linda,
especially # 2 & 3.

Anthony

Hi and thanks Anthony - comments really appreciated :)

Linda

Agree with the comments above really, and welcome to the forum :wave:

I prefer the two flight shots, however they are all nice images (y)

Great birds to watch, especially when they are in their kamikaze display mode.

Agree with the comments above really, and welcome to the forum :wave:

I prefer the two flight shots, however they are all nice images (y)

Great birds to watch, especially when they are in their kamikaze display mode.

Hi and thanks Martyn.

I just love these birds and cant get enough of them. I have quite a few shots of them with feet in lol, so as this one was exceptionally close I hoped I made the most of showing off his plumage instead of his feed lol.

Now I know a place where I can get better shots of these birds in flight, I will be going there again to get some more of them displaying. The noise they make always brings a smile to my face - just love 'em.

Nice shots, I agree shame about the feet in #1, but far closer than I have ever managed with a lapwing.

Hi Ken :) Yeah I know, I know, but isnt he a gorgeous colour - you dont very often get to see them this close to enjoy those fab colours.

Thanks everyone for your comments, much appreciated.

Last edited:
:agree:

Welcome to the forum

Hi and thanks :)

Very nice Linda. I also prefer numbers 2 and 3.

Hi John - thanks.

Hi Linda. Great shots as usual. As for the cut of legs, take two shots and stitch them together.

Dai

Hi Dai and thanks for looking and commenting. Great idea about stitching, but I probably wont ever get so close again lol (if I do, I will just go for a head shot I think lol).

Thanks everyone :)

Back