Hi does anyone know much about Jintu lens are they good value for a beginner?

Name
Stephen Hunt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi does anyone know much about Jintu lens are they good value for a beginner?
Was looking at

JINTU 900mm F/8.0 Telephoto Camera Zoom Lenses F/8.3-16​

For wildlife

Thanks

Never had one and expect good results will be difficult to obtain. Manual focus, controlling any shake, small aperture. Ok for science experiments on static objects. Useless if you’re thinking close up wildlife. Try YouTube there are bound to be reviews.

Hi and welcome to TP

It has been a while since I have seen Mirror Lenses an old but simple technology mentioned or discussed.

As Tim says and AFAIK it has fixed f8 aperture looking on Amazon it says it comes with the needed T mount adaptor suitable for the Canon EF mount bodies.

I know it is a budget lens but needs care in use to achieve IMO acceptable results.................but 'acceptable' might depend very much in the eye of the beholder! FWIW, I have never owned one or known of anyone who has used one.

Here I have copied and pasted the info.....perhaps you have already seen this ?

FAQ​

1. Q: Why does my camera say "Lens not attached" or can't connect? ?
A: This is a full manual focus lens, no electric contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, pls switch camera to M mode to work.
2. Q: I can't press the shutter button when lens mounted, why?
A: Normally switch your camera to M mode will solve this issue, for some cameras, you need to setting "Release W/O Lens " to Enable on camera menu to make lens work.
3. Q: Image are too dark/ too white ?
A: if picture is black , pls setting more slower shutter speed. such as 1/500 seconds to 1/400 seconds until image normal. if image is white, pls increase shutter speed more faster, such as 1/500 seconds to 1/800 to 1/1000 seconds until image normal.
4. Q: Why is my picture out of focus?
A: Pls rotate the focus ring on the front body of the lens until the subject is in focus , and focus with live-view to achieve accurate focus. Recommend use with a tripod and remote to keep image stable

Last edited:
Back