Hi everyone!

Welcome Liz, please join in and tell us more about you, your photography and in due course please share your own images.

From NI, right up on the north coast, close to The Giant's Causeway and Bushmills Distillery (home of Black Bush whiskey) so never short of inspiration. I got into photography 3 years ago and have been obsessed ever since. Started with a second hand Fuji XT10 primarily because it was small and lightweight, bought a new XT3 last year and love it. Also enjoy using Affinity Photo for post processing and making composites.

Hi Liz, welcome to the forum and enjoy your self here :welcome:

Hi Liz, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Liz, I'm moving to NI next year so I shall plan to tap into your knowledge of local locations!

Liz, I'm moving to NI next year so I shall plan to tap into your knowledge of local locations!
Oh, I hope you like it Lindsay. No matter where you live here you are never too far from the coast which is always good. It can get rough and throw 4 seasons at you in one day but as a photographer you'll be used to that. I'm relatively new to photography and enjoy shooting macro (shells, flora and fauna etc). I loved having the beaches to myself during lockdown but this year has been a bit crazy with tourists. Here is a little taster of what you have to look forward to.

Attachments

• SMDSCF1871.jpg
    SMDSCF1871.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 4
Cracking shot Liz. That's exactly what I'm hoping for, my best photos (apart from in the Namibian desert a long time ago) were on the coast around the Dingle peninsula a long time back - obviously down in the south but I love the long deserted beaches in winter on the East coast of NI, and then the beauty of the Mournes...
(I worked over there for a while a couple of years ago and fell in love with it).

Cracking shot Liz. That's exactly what I'm hoping for, my best photos (apart from in the Namibian desert a long time ago) were on the coast around the Dingle peninsula a long time back - obviously down in the south but I love the long deserted beaches in winter on the East coast of NI, and then the beauty of the Mournes...
(I worked over there for a while a couple of years ago and fell in love with it).
Thank you. From the Namibian desert to Ireland, quite the leap in every way. Although I imagine they both share that same sense of drama.

Back