Hi there

Edit My Images
Yes
Just joined today and I would like to say hello. My names James by the way.

Been viewing as a guest for a while now and have enjoyed the post's and taken a lot of tips away with me from your crits. I have joined to try and improve my compositions, post processing and technique.

/edit: Oh yeah! I forgot to mention what I use. My best camera is still my manual film camera at the moment which is a Ricoh KR-10x, with a Rikenon 50mm, a Mirranda 28mm and a Carl Zeis Zennar 70-210mm zoom Macro lenses. I also have a Fuji Finepix A607 Digital automatic with a 3x optical zoom which will produce 6mpx at maximum setting.

Welcome James:thumb:

Hiya Jim bob, about time you introduced yourself ;)

Cheers guys!

It was only through sheer lazyness that it took me this long!

Hello.

Your name took a bit of reading. :)

welcome!

Another new member :)

Glad you found us and even more pleased that you decided to become a member. :thumb:

Welcome to the forums:wave2:

Hiya, and welcome :)
Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Anna :banana:

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm currently working on my images and starting to scan and catalogue my film images aswell as my digital ones so I will be posting very soon. Hope to get some feedback on what you think, cheers, James.

I'd love to hear your process for that Jim, as I too am about to start scanning and cataloguing my film images. Mainly family photos but photos all the same.

I'd love to hear details of your process and what software you're going to be using, and how you plan to file and store them all.

Well, currently i've been scanning 6x4 & 7x5 prints into my computer using my canon lide scanner (can't remember the model number but cost me £60 - 80 3 year ago).

I'm a graphic designer by trade, so i've got photoshop CS at work and CS2 at home, I wouldn't use any other program as the capabilities are endless.

As to cataloguing my images, well I haven't worked out a final structure yet but I have created a photography folder in which I placed a folder for Photoshop files, Raw files and Jpeg files. All my scan's are currently in the photoshop file as I use it to import from the scanner (this way I only had to install the driver for the scanner and not all the software that came with it) but really these are the raw scan's so they should go in the raw folders as tiffs before I begin developing them.

The idea to all this is to create myself a photoblog/online gallery and to get my printing skills back into to play to create some good sized prints for frames ect. Unfortunatley my photo quality epson printer has decided recently to stop loading paper from the tray, so I might have to fork out for a new one, Doh!! :banghead:

With the cost of online printing dropping, it may be worth looking at somewhere like Photobox for prints, they are well regarded quality wise and could well work out a lot cheaper than printing your own even if your printer had not stopped loading paper.

Steve, did you ever get around to trying Pixum.de?

SammyC said:
Steve, did you ever get around to trying Pixum.de?

No Sammy I didn't. I have been busier than I expected with one thing or another and although I have shot many frames since moving here, the majority remain on the PC unedited. Plus we are currently discussing a change round at home, after that is settled we might get some shots printed for our own use, at that point I will give them a try to check out their quailty. :)

I had not forgot about them, they are still on my "to do" list ;)

Ah, the 'to do' list. I have one of those, more of a short story now.

Back