High ISO football

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from Martyn's (MG TF 135) thread, here are a couple of images shot at high iso and showing a before and after. Nothing fancy just auto levels, tweak of shadow and auto noise ninja plug-in.
Before
BOG_01_withnoise.jpg

After
BOG_01.jpg

And to show the dark areas around non league pitches here's a hatrick cele from a very dark corner.
BOG_02_withnoise.jpg

But with auto levels and auto noise ninja plug in
BOG_02.jpg

Just to show not to be affraid of noise or high iso. I'm no expert on this, hence the auto noise etc and I'm sure other people like Tony(Kipax) has loads of experience with this type of work but you can get idea.

Shaun

Good action shots there -you've captured the moment. What lens are you shooting with?

Cos as you might know - I'm an expert now I have my 2.8 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Only joking, but I take quite a few rugby shots in low light and might be able to help you

I think the second one, the yellow is a bit too bright after you've played with it, the yellow in the first seems okay to an untrained eye like mine

The fourth one is good, I like the edited version, there's good emotion in the shot as well

Yep.. I love showing high iso and treacle slow shutter speeds just to show its possible :)

santa never brought me a mkIII I would love to try that at night games.

:razz: You're just showing off now! If you want a challenge, come along to a Kent 2 rugby match with crap light around 4pm and no floodlights :D

exif is there if you have a reader, if not get one coz it's great for reading others settings. google opanda.
MkIIn and 300mm @ 2.8 1/320th iso 3200

Yep, yellow has blown a little but hey it's only to let people know that just because it floodlight time dont put the camera away! As for the emotion, well he had just scored the fourth and his third of the game so he had a right to be happy.
What has to be remembered is what are you shooting for. Newspapers don't need to be glossy A3 size printable versions so you can get away with minor imperfections! ha ha, but don't tell an editor that as you will have no chance working for them........

Tony, don't trade in just yet we've made it past the shortest day and I'm sure the days are getting longer...........ha ha ha

Shaun

A couple of nice shots there Shaun. Will that noise plugin work with Photoshop 6??

Thanks Boggy (y)
for showing some before and after shots with high ISO 3200 :eek: and full EXIF data.

how do you get the noise ninja plug in? Is it free?

Hmmmmmmmm, I'm intrigued. I shoot low light all the time and think I might have to have a look at Noise Ninja. Is it only available as a plug-ion or is it stand alone too?

Thanks for the comments everyone, just thought it might help a few people if they can see examples. It's great looking at cracking shoots but I prefer to see images that teach because that's how we learn that it's not just you. Somebody is always doing or struggling with the same thing as you are and just might have the answer. The more you shoot the quicker you move forward to the next set of problems, solve them and then move on again. Then you level out again and start all over. Good fun!

Anyway, I'm sure that there must be a version for 6.

dizzy, No it's not free, unless you look for it ;)

Northernnikon, there is a stand alone version as well as the plug in.

Just google Noise Ninja, that's all I did. Think the companys called picturecode?

Forgot to add that these are from jpeg originals as I haven't shot raw (yet) have enough hassle getting jpegs through the system!

Shaun

NoiseNinja is quite expensive, I found a great site comparing lots of noise reduction software and plugins - some were free. I have since lost it, but I'll have a look!

Back