IMG_1905_Medium_.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_1907_Medium_.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_1908_Medium_.JPG
[/IMG]

Trying to improve with your help.

Phil

I think you've made a bit of a boo boo with the link.

do you need some help?

Hi Phil

I'm sure this was mentioned on your last post of this type, but these images are not High Key images. High Key doesn't mean using a white background, it's a style used to reduce the contrast range in an image and where everything is light/white in colour/tone

Several of yours actually look a little underexposed to me - looks like you're all having fun though - but you should take their socks off for this style of shoot

2nd shot is the most successful of the set - nice composition & expression - do make sure you're bringing in enough light to ensure that the eyes are not showing as too dark (a reflector will help with this)

You can easily see where you have brushed white onto your images too - eg. in the 1st image in the right-hand corner & in the last image by his left foot. Try reading up on both the clone & healing tools in photoshop.

I highly recommend getting yourself a light meter & reading up on sync speeds too if you don't already know about them.

You obviously have willing models to pose for you & I think that you will be able to get some excellent images with a bit of work, keep at it (y)

(Also - you only need one set of

Hi Phil.
Im guessing youre a bit like me here and feeling your way around with all this studio-lighting lark ;)

I agree with all that has been and hope it helps for your next shoot.

Meantime, as Mike says, the 2nd pic of the little girl is lovely and I think if you had a play around in PS with the larger filesize you could still have something pretty worthwhile there.
Hope you dont mind but Ive just had a really quick fiddle with levels & Shadow/Highlight here and to show you how much you can lift this. (if you want I'll take it down).

Next time, try & remember to concentrate on getting some light into that gorgeous little face. :)

IMG_1890_Medium_.jpg

Back