Highland Cattle

Edit My Images
Yes
I took these a while ago and it was cold, very cold.
c&c appreciated.

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

liam.

#1 works best for me
did you tinker with the colours or is that how it was?

#1 works best for me
did you tinker with the colours or is that how it was?

All of them pretty much straight of the camera except the b&w conversions and the second one I made the cow lighter to try and make it stand out more.

liam.

Think the second one would have been amazing if the coo was further right in the frame and was looking down the lens. (Didn't you ask it nicely!?) I also love the contrast in colours and think number 5 would work better in colour for this reason.

I think 5 is the best shot but I'd rather have it in colour. There's a tree growing straight out of the animals head in no 1!!!

Thanks guy's.
I was clapping cheering etc. to try and get the attention of the cow in number 3 he just wasn't having it. And yes I agree with the b&w ones there not as good. Thanks for all the praise.

liam.

OOh these are lovely!
I think #2 would have been my fave .... had his head been facing to camera. I really like where he's standing/light etc.

I do like a bit of mono usually, but I feel the bg loses a bit of contast here due to the frostyness of the surroundings.
And so Id like to see the colour versions of the last two.
So for now, #1 is my fave. (y)

Brilliant set. Looks absolutely freezing. #1 & 5 for me.

Thanks guys, yes it was cold my hands were frozen onto the tripod I even had to look were the buttons were on my camera.

liam.

No1 i like Liam, with the contrast and the look, would like to see 5 in colour.(y)

#1 and the last 2 for me - I think the mono treatment serves these images really well!

Nice set!

Typical this very day I deleted all the originals of this outing, sorry.
Again thanks for all the praise.

Typical this very day I deleted all the originals of this outing, sorry.
Again thanks for all the praise.

ho - hum. there will be others along later to castrate you for that.

No 5 is the best one - and its good. I like the sense of movement and the eye contact combined.

Eye contact is key with animals - that's why the ones with the backs to you etc don't work so well

ho - hum. there will be others along later to castrate you for that.

No 5 is the best one - and its good. I like the sense of movement and the eye contact combined.

Eye contact is key with animals - that's why the ones with the backs to you etc don't work so well

Hmm I look forward to it. Well I didnt plan on using the one with the back turned but after looking at it on the computer I liked how it was different and didn't follow any rules as such, personal preference I suppose.

Thanks everyone.

Great shot'S #1 is pick of the set for me. Glad you used a tripod , would of suffered some severe camera shake in those freezing conditions :LOL:

Back