Critique Hikers on the Seven Sisters, South Downs National Park

I like the range of blues on the water as it gives an interest to a large section of the photo, and I think you've got the white cliffs just about right. Having the walker's feet cropped off is unfortunate and unfixable, but it does affect the overall feel of the shot for me. I'd be sorely tempted to crop the foreground as I feel it isn't adding much to the photo and the stones amongst the grass just looks a bit messy.

I like this, I think with out the people it would be distinctly average, but with them you get the scale of the landscape you start to wonder how far they have come, I like the foreground as it gives a little idea of where they've already been but also the view point makes you wonder how much further they are going as there is very little by way of civilisation except a small group of buildings in that far distance, personally I'd loose about half the sky if not a little more than half of it keeping to width so going to a more panoramic crop as go be honest the sky is boring there is very little going on in it so your not doing to miss it and I thing it would give you a more pleasing composition

Matt

Thanks a lot gents, good feedback and a few things to play with,
Thanks again

Geoff

Back