Critique Hill House colour/B&W

I prefer the colour ones, only because with the B&W conversions, we have a dark fore and mid-ground while the house is pretty pale so looks blown out in the B&W conversion.

I spotted you have a YES on the edit on your profile pic, so I took the liberty of grabbing the highest res i could off flickr to run it through some filters on silver efex so see if it made any difference.

14663964757_131a1e24db_b.jpg

14663878328_cc15100602_b.jpg

i think some adjustments to the B&W on yours would bring it closer to these - somehow get the whites down a bit to show some more detail in the house?

Reactions: ST4
First image is the one. The shadow from the gate makes a really nice foreground and I think the leaves are also good. To be fair you do need the colour here - it just looks so much better. Can you by any chance add any more space on the left - it feels a little 'tight'.

Reactions: ST4
First image is the one. The shadow from the gate makes a really nice foreground and I think the leaves are also good. To be fair you do need the colour here - it just looks so much better. Can you by any chance add any more space on the left - it feels a little 'tight'.

1st shot at 24mm. I could go back and shoot 21mm

Back