Hilton Photographic of Hull...

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

Nice chap I dealt with on the phone, picked up a Cokin P holder, and a couple of Kood ND grads. Postage is very reasonable, and arrived well packed. Now, the reason I phoned them was I'd also just bought a Manfrotto 323 QR adaptor for my monopod from them on eBay...(y)

So, whilst blatently proclaiming I have no relationship with the aforementioned purveyor of photographic generalia, I'd say give them a shout if you want some bits...Website is here or find them on evilBay

forgive my ignorance, but just be ceratin
is this a device to attach to the top of a monopod (screw thread) and allows the use of a standard Manfrotto plate? :thinking:

if so, then it's just what I need! (y)

It is indeed :) I keep a plate on my camera body, and a plate on my 100-300mm f/4. The Manfrotto 323 sits on my monopod, and I have a 460MG head on my 109XPROB. As they use the same plate, the rest is history...

excellent, thanks (y)

reaches for credit card.....! :naughty:

well
it arrived today
but I have a slight problem
it doesn't sit properly on the monopod :thumbsdown:

which monopod do you have?

well
it arrived today
but I have a slight problem
it doesn't sit properly on the monopod :thumbsdown:

which monopod do you have?

Probably the same one as you;) It did need a small bit of fettling to get it to sit flat... Either trim the top of the monopod (plastic), but I used a grinding disc to trim the bit sticking down from the underside of the 323 till it fitted.:bang:

Probably the same one as you;) It did need a small bit of fettling to get it to sit flat... Either trim the top of the monopod (plastic), but I used a grinding disc to trim the bit sticking down from the underside of the 323 till it fitted.:bang:

aha mine is a 680B
don't think I want to be attacking it with a blunt instrument though!:nono:

after a couple of emails to and from with the nice chaps at Hilton
they have agreed that the Manfrotto 323 head does indeed NOT fit on the Manfrotto 680B monopod

now, I just ordered the head, didn't ask for their advice first,
but they have agreed to change it for the 234RC

what terribly nice chaps they are!

so another (y) from me
and I've bookmarked hilton as they will get more from me!

Glad to hear you're happy - the technician in me doesn't mind modifying stuff to fit, so it wasn't a bother to me;)

for what it is worth the terribly nice chaps at hilton delivered my monopods for me to the wrong address, and seemed not to care "as someone had signed for it"

lucky for me the person who signed for it realised it was not theirs and took the time to deliver it to me, from the 1 mile down the road it was delivered to (we need some more people like this in this country).

Back