Hitchcock ?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure what to make of this one...it's all a bit Hitchcock...but i can't help keep looking at it.

Only WB adjusted

45285202.jpg

BIG

Last edited:
I love it and to get all the birds looking good is great!

Would you mind giving me a few more details of the shot and how you set it up?

Cheers Higgy

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1600
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 1000

We were just feeding the ducks with the kids, I got the other half to throw bread in the air at the same distance each time then I could get my focus...then just snapped away.

Like i say i can't make my mind up on this one yet, it looks a bit odd ? not sure if it's the square-ish crop or the fact the birds look a bit 'un-real' dunno ? hoping for a bit more critique before I do any more with it.

I'm not to sure about the technical details of the shot but the three bird lined up like the heathrow stacking system keep putting a smile on my face. Well caught, and if you could remove the bird from the lower center you could make a nice portrate crop imo. (y)

Cheers Andy

Like you I'm not sure it's the best technically,

but there is something about it,when i am flicking through my pics each time i pass it i have to pause for another look lol

This does not do anything for me Russel,even at the larger image all the birds seem oof to me :shrug:

Hope you don't mind and I'll remove it if you do, here is a quick edit to show what I mean.

Yeah that works great Andy as a pic in it's self, think i prefer the whole pic though...just for the pure randomness lol

Cheers Higgy

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1600
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 1000

We were just feeding the ducks with the kids, I got the other half to throw bread in the air at the same distance each time then I could get my focus...then just snapped away.

Like i say i can't make my mind up on this one yet, it looks a bit odd ? not sure if it's the square-ish crop or the fact the birds look a bit 'un-real' dunno ? hoping for a bit more critique before I do any more with it.

Thanks for this Russ, I've not been doing this long so keen to get as much info off of you guys as I can!

I appreciate you taking the time to go into detail...it will get logged with all the other bits I've been picking up on here until factored into my own shots!

Cheers mate

Back