Hitech Filters

W

whiteflyer

I am looking to buy a Hitech 85 ND Grad Kit SOFT set of filters.

Can anybody tell me who sells these apart from Teamwork. I don't mind the £30+ VAT price but the £8.50 delivery is a bit high, so looking for other suppliers.

Cheers Mark

Only ever found teamwork selling them from new. I assume they have the sole UK distribution rights to them.

Tony

I have found another supplier Formatt Filters in Scotland .

They look to be much cheaper.

Teamwork:
Hitech 85 ND Grad Kit SOFT £30 each
UK Mainland Next Day Delivery (Before 6pm) £8.50
Sub Total: £30.00
Sub Total (Including Shipping): £38.50
Total (Inc VAT): £45.24

Formatt Filters
Hitech 85 ND Grad Kit SOFT £29.79 + VAT = £35
Postage £2.50
Total (Inc VAT): £37.50

You don't get next day delivery, but I can wait to save £7.74

Formatt Filters price list Hitech price list Aug 2006.pdf

I'm really itnerested in getting some of these filters, just a ND Grad set to start off with but I don't know what the meaning of the size is for these filters, my filter thread size is 67mm (nikkor 18-70mm lens), so which size filter system do I go for?

These filters are not the screw in type but fit a Cokin P Adaptor filter system
original.jpg

Bear in mind that if you tell Teamwork that you want regular post rather than a courier delivery the delivery charge comes down a bit.

These filters are not the screw in type but fit a Cokin P Adaptor filter system

I think I read somewhere else on these forums that the hitech filters were a rather tight fit in the cokin p holder, is this right? can anyone else confirm/deny this? anyone elses experiences?

I think I read somewhere else on these forums that the hitech filters were a rather tight fit in the cokin p holder, is this right? can anyone else confirm/deny this? anyone elses experiences?

I have just recently aquired a set of hitech filters for my P holder. They are a tighter fit than the cokin filters, and the first time I used them I thought they might get damaged trying to force them in - however you soon realise that there is a lot of 'flex' in the P holder itself, so I just give the holder a very slight squeeze as I insert the filter and they slide in easily and then fit beautifully.

Whiteflyer - Thanks for the link to Formatt Filters (who are in Wales it seems..)

I tried Teamwork, who were not too helpful (partly down to my not knowing exactly what I wanted I expect) but have now ordered from Formatt - Cerianne, who emailed and then via phone was very friendly and helpful, and from her service, they should get a big thumbs up. She is even getting some adaptors especially made as I am only back in the UK for a few days, so needed a specially quick delivery. Top lady I say !

I ordered my ND grads from Teamwork and paid the 8 quid-odd delivery. However, when I received them the following day, they came by recorded post and they charged me less than I paid on their site.

I have bought Hitech filters from Teamwork before and opted for first class post (just write it in on the bottom of the form when ordering online) and they arrived the next day for me too.

But good to hear they will opt for the cheaper optionally automatically when the courier option is unnecessary.

Michael.

Hi

I bought mine from Formatt Filters in Wales, (I thought they were the manufacturers), anyway you can ask them to trim 1 mm off the filters, so they are a perfect fit in the Cokin P holder.

Regards

Alex

Back