Hockey fight from Finland

Edit My Images
Yes
Few snaps from a fight between Ilkka Pikkarainen (HIFK) and Mike Siklenka (Lukko)
Got few more, but need to resize them .. over 200kb in size

hockeyfight_6.jpg
[/IMG]

hockeyfight_4.jpg
[/IMG]

hockeyfight_3.jpg
[/IMG]

luk11.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can see, the guy in yellow (Siklenka) won the fight quite clearly...

fisticuffs in the ice rink eh. Dont think I'd want to argue with either of them.
Good sequence.

i am (well, was) a big fan of ice hockey... but after a while the fighting gets boring and you just wish they would get on with the game.
Funny that when the play offs start, the fighting seems to stop

In the 3rd shot, it looks like he has just caught him and knocked his helmet off his head :LOL:

I like that last image, his expression is just one of, "oh for **** sake, we lost AGAIN and I'm bleeding AGAIN"

I just don't get this, not the photo's they're fine. But this behaviour. Outside a pub it's an outrage and people are arrested. On the terrace on on the pitch at football it's headline news and people get banned. Rugby and it's more banning.

So why is it okay in this sport?? That's ABH poss GBH and it's fine.

Sorry for being Mr Grumps but those actions disturb me

I just don't get this, not the photo's they're fine. But this behaviour. Outside a pub it's an outrage and people are arrested. On the terrace on on the pitch at football it's headline news and people get banned. Rugby and it's more banning.

I have never seen a game but judgeing off a game i played a few years ago its a part of the game. Seems pretty stupid.

Dear Mr Grumps :D
As an ex pro ice hockey player I can tell you that the fighting is definitely not part of the game in the same way it is not part of a game of Football or Rugby, but having said that playing at the speeds you do on ice things have a tendency to flare up quickly, and is usually stamped on by the many officials on the ice. The players in the fight will not be let off, but will probably have time in the sin bin, often fines from their clubs and often match bans. Players can be taken to court and have been in the past.

Ice hockey is one of the fastest sports in the world and can be really enjoyable. (I might be biased - even if i'm no longer able to play due a serious accident whilst on the ice)

Your faithfully

Mr Happy :D

PS As pics these are really good especially under ice conditions and capture the moment well.

Hello one and all,

Thanks for all the comments on the pictures,
Thought I add a little to what the guys got for their fighting. All four players who participated in the fight got 5min + 25 min penalty. So basically out of the game.
But as they all 'willingly' took part in the fight, there were no further suspensions.
I do like a little 'push and shove' in the rinks when the emotions flare up, but in this particular case the guy in Yellow kept hitting a player who was already down and didn't stop when the referee came in. Which I think is wrong.

But as has been said already, after a while the punching gets a tiring and you wish they'd just get on with the game... that's what we all wanted to see in the first place (well almost all of us).

great set (y)

Thanks for the info, don't get me wrong I like the sport and of course a liitle argy-bargy, I once used to spend time in Courmayeur in Italy and supported CourmAosta, good Italian side.
Had no idea this behaviour actually did get pounced upon.
As said above, great set and it did exactly what it set out to achieve, it told a story and prevoked reaction!

Hello one and all,

Thanks for all the comments on the pictures,
Thought I add a little to what the guys got for their fighting. All four players who participated in the fight got 5min + 25 min penalty. So basically out of the game.
But as they all 'willingly' took part in the fight, there were no further suspensions.
I do like a little 'push and shove' in the rinks when the emotions flare up, but in this particular case the guy in Yellow kept hitting a player who was already down and didn't stop when the referee came in. Which I think is wrong.

But as has been said already, after a while the punching gets a tiring and you wish they'd just get on with the game... that's what we all wanted to see in the first place (well almost all of us).

I wonder what his club fine was - in times gone by it was 3 week wages!! - and if he kept hitting it serves him right :clap:

Back