Critique Hoi An Vietnam

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Havent posted on here for quite some time as I haven't really had time to get about with the camera but I was lucky to spend a few weeks in Vietnam over the Christmas period . I travelled up from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi and it was a awesome trip Vietnam is a fascinating place . Below are two panoramas taken at Hoi An a old port with lots of charm .

Hoi An Pano
by LeeBlack1979, on Flickr

Hoi An , Vietnam
by LeeBlack1979, on Flickr

All comments welcome

Cheers Lee

Two very nice images there love the warm tones of colours from the lights and the reflections work well. The boat ont he right in both shots I would crop out if I were you, very nice images though.

First one is my favourite of the two. Really nice panorama but if I had to nit pick, it'd just say I don't feel there is enough room at the bottom it sort of chops off the reflection of the middle building.

The first one for me is spoiled by the central bollard I find my eye resting on it as that is what feels like the subject of the image.

The second is a stronger composition for me as you eye is free to roam over the whole scene without any dominating feature, it would be better if the full reflection of the buildings was in frame though and I think a little more boat would have added to the foreground.

Thanks for the comments . I totally agree with the comments . The first one annoys me with the composition as has been mentioned about the bollard but I cant help think the balance is out also if that makes sense . The second image is my favourite but I agree the reflections are too close to the bottom of the image and I would have loved more of the boat but there was a horrible barge and digger used for dredging next to it . I might have a go too see if I can sort it out as I think I may have been a bit heavy on the crop . Overall im pleased as I often forget about panos it was just a shame it was so busy as it was quite difficult getting the shots without any people in the way .

Cheers

Really nice photos. Just feel they would be even better taken a touch later in the day with a bit more drama in the sky.

I was there 4 years ago and saw a full moon celebration, the colours and atmosphere was brilliant.

Put 'Hoi An full moon celebration' into google and have a look.

Awesome country!

Back