Holga (mis)adventures

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
As I mentioned in the 101 ways to ruin a roll of film thread recently, I managed to cock up the first roll through the Holga 120N I bought recently. I've written a blog post about it, should anyone want to know more (in a nutshell, I had the slider over the wrong window when counting the frame numbers, so most of the roll consisted of overlapping frames), but here are some of the images I got. Some of them work quite well (at least I think so :)) despite the FUBAR.

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #2
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #4

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #5

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #3

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #6

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #8

FILM - Holga (mis)adventures #7

That first one with the overlap has got some real charm to it I think.
I'm surprised how sharp they all are, mind

That first one with the overlap has got some real charm to it I think.
I'm surprised how sharp they all are, mind

It’s actually relatively sharp in the centre. It’s not going to trouble my other cameras in that regard, but it’s not terrible either. The images from my second roll are pretty nice (within their lo-fi confines), and I shot a further three rolls through it on a trip to the seaside yesterday.

[sad comment]
I've been working on my ex-BT project recently and have struggled like hell to get the engravings to stand out and it's not as common as it used to be. Why chisel when you can stick a label on eh? So I think #7 is a cracking image. Great example of a 10 meter light pole. Creosoted in 1993. Base of the pole is 3m below that horizontal slash mark. I loved that job.
[/sad comment]

Back