Holga Week - 1 to 7 October 2020

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
Shoot your Holga, enter your shots, and win prizes (or not).

Celebrate the beloved Holga camera during Holga Week! Shoot as much as you can during the week of October 1-7, 2020, and challenge yourself to create some great work with your Holga products. This will be a week of shooting Holga photos, and sharing them with all of the other Holga lovers out there! Click on the SUBMIT page and you will be able to enter up to three of your favorite photos taken during this week and be eligible to win prizes. The deadline for submissions is November 8, 2020.

There will be great prizes up for grabs. If your photo catches the eye of one of our jurors, you will win! Simple as that.

Remember, if you're not keen on Holga's and think that other cameras are better, you don't have to take part, it's just for fun. :)

Must be worth a go, haven't used the Holga for a couple of months, thanks or the heads-up

Remember, if you're not keen on Holga's and think that other cameras are better, you don't have to take part, it's just for fun. :)
Yes but you do have to pitch up in Holga threads and bang on and on and on and on about sharpness and hipsters, it's a mandatory legal requirement of the internet :LOL:

Last edited:
Snip:
Yes but you do have to pitch up in Holga threads and bang on and on and on and on about sharpness and hipsters, it's a mandatory legal requirement of the internet :LOL:
Hey, don't forget the vignetting... it's all about the vignetting! Apparently. ;)

I was intending to shoot the 3 remaining frames on my second Holga trial film this Friday as it's threatening to be dry and bright, so I'll now be looking for suitable subjects to confuse our chums over the pond. ;)

Submit up to three (3) images sized to 3000 pixels on the longest edge using the submission form or email on the form with the following information for each image:

• Artist Name
  • Category:
    • Holga Street
    • Holga Nature
    • Holga Portrait
    • Holga Pinhole
    • Holga Select (Photogs Choice)
  • Holga products used to create this photo
  • Selfie with Holga camera
    • How else can we determine if you used a Holga?

3000 pixels wide plus a selfie holding the camera? I guess that's me ruled out. o_O

3000 pixels wide plus a selfie holding the camera? I guess that's me ruled out. o_O
is it the selfie that's an issue? A scan at 1600 DPI on 2 1/4" film is well over 3000px or a neg scanned with a 20M pixel "full frame" sensor camera is of 5000px wide

is it the selfie that's an issue? A scan at 1600 DPI on 2 1/4" film is well over 3000px or a neg scanned with a 20M pixel "full frame" sensor camera is of 5000px wide
Not that Chris, it's just that I don't see why they would need a photo that size. World Pinhole Day is 500 pixels I think, while we manage fine on here with 1024, and WPD doesn't need a selfie with your pinhole camera! :rolleyes:

Back