Holiday Snaps

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Night time weather wasn't great (days were okay). Still managed to get something though so happy about that...Fuerteventura 19th - 26 September 2014.

M42 - Orion Nebula With NGC1993/5/7 - The Running Man

Modified Canon 650D
Canon 500mm f/4 L IS
ISO400
IDAS LP filter (52mm in the filter drawer).

AstroTrac TT320X Mount
27x 180 second lights
20x 30 second lights (for the core)

Taken in Fuerteventura on 22 Sept 2014 from the hotel balcony at 3am to 5am.

M42 - Orion Nebula With NGC1993/5/7 - The Running Man
by StuartJPP, on Flickr​

Horsehead (Barnard 33) and Flame Nebula (NGC 2024)
Modified Canon 650D
Canon 500mm f/4 L IS @ f/4
AstroTrac TT320X Mount
30x 180 second lights @ ISO400

Horsehead (Barnard 33) and Flame Nebula (NGC 2024)
by StuartJPP, on Flickr​

Simply stunning.

I imagine you were snoozing whilst the camera was clicking away after setting it up etc?

Absolutely stunning shots. Would love to be able to do this myself someday.

Did you actually go into space for your holiday?

Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!

Beautiful. I'd be very happy to have got those just from a balcony! Did you know you would be able to see all of this from your viewpoint or had a rough idea you would and how did you manage to get your telescope through the airport? (without breaking, mainly). :)

Thanks everyone!

Simply stunning.
I imagine you were snoozing whilst the camera was clicking away after setting it up etc?
I did snooze on occasion on the balcony and waking up every so often to check focus and whatnot. Since it wasn't cold the focus held most of the night anyway.

Beautiful. I'd be very happy to have got those just from a balcony! Did you know you would be able to see all of this from your viewpoint or had a rough idea you would and how did you manage to get your telescope through the airport? (without breaking, mainly). :)
I knew what I was looking for, we actually got bumped up to this particular hotel as the one we originally booked was overbooked...I didn't think I would be able to get anything from the balcony especially since the beach promenade lights were always on...I could see Orion through my binoculars so it was darkish but not as dark as I would have hoped. My tripod was in my suitcase and my Camera and Canon 500mm lens was in my hand luggage/backpack. I have got it down to a fine art, within cabin baggage allowance (weight and size) as there is no way I am putting it in the hold, I'd rather not fly, they'd better not even suggest it because I will refuse. My other half has my AstroTrac in her hand luggage along with some more lenses, all within allowance as well :)

Back