Holyhead sunset

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some more film scans i've processed. These are taken at the South Stack near Holyhead. I was hoping for a nicer sunset but i quite like the colours.
Taken with Mamiya RB67, Fuji 160C (proved to be a bit of a faff getting the scan colours right), scanned on Epson V700.
Any C&C's welcome, thanks for looking, ben:)
holyhead002TP.jpg
[/IMG]
holyhead011.jpg
[/IMG]

Both certainly work for me. Great shots. Shot one would have been improved in my opionion if there was a bit more immediate foreground. Also if the white walls led right up to the front of the frame it would have been a real winner for me.

Thanks MK:) valid point about the composition. I was trying to keep the lighthouse below the horizon line so i think i could do with a longer lens. I am on the look out for a Mamiya 180mm (90mm in 35mm terms), i think the credit card is due for another hammering!;)

Nice light, and I love the perspective in the first one. Horizon could do with straightening though.
thanks Tom:), i know what you mean about the horizon looking wonky. Its actually a very dense cloud bank on the horizon that makes it look off. maybe i should play a bit more with PP to make the horizon line more obvious, any rotation just throws the lighthouse off the vertical.:shrug:

More likely too see a wonky lighthouse than a wonky horizon though. Great shots, I liked Holyhead Mountain for the climbing and pleasant views. Some of the sea cliffs would make awesome shots too ;)

Really liking #2 great stuff :clap:

#2 makes me want to jump right in (In a non-suicidal way) :)

Back