Homegrown Angleshade Moth

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
My daughter found a caterpillar which I took a photo of a while back, and after a couple of days in the protective enclave of a Tupperware tub, it decided to cocoon itself.

I had no idea how long this process would take in it's next stage of development, however, the bloody thing promptly chose to emerge during the night and we found it sat on a leaf waiting to launch itself on its maiden flight.

Of course, it had to pose for me first.

6 images stacked, 3 extension tubes on the Siggy 105 in the first

In the 2nd, the moth had moved and collected some scale and detritus on its left eye, this one just 2 stacked images.

C&C as always.

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Lens: 105mm
Image Date: 2010-05-06 20:59:39 +0000
Focal Length: 105mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: Yes (Manual)
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
Photographer: Copyright A View of the UK - Paul Iddon Photography

Paul.

fantastic pictures (y)
What does stacking do?

Stacking is the process of merging together a series of similar images at slightly altered focal points into one final image where all the focal point are blended in to one to give the impression of more depth of field.

Paul.

Stacking is the process of merging together a series of similar images at slightly altered focal points into one final image where all the focal point are blended in to one to give the impression of more depth of field.

Paul.

ahhhh clever, thanks. :)

As usual, top shooting there Paul!
Both are crisp and wlee lit, but #1 is the pick from the two as the framing provides a better composition - in my eyes.

Back