Homeless Millionaire

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
image1.jpg

As far as i know this guy is a millionaire, he inherited a large amount of money from his folks when they died. Despite this he spends his entire time walking the streets of town, and standing for hours just watching the world go by. I'm fairly sure he has some sort of mental condition too, due to the way he acts. I feel so sorry for him when ever i see him, he doesn't seem to have any friends, who said money makes us happy? :shrug: :shake:

As far as i know this guy is a millionaire, he inherited a large amount of money from his folks when they died. Despite this he spends his entire time walking the streets of town, and standing for hours just watching the world go by. I'm fairly sure he has some sort of mental condition too, due to the way he acts. I feel so sorry for him when ever i see him, he doesn't seem to have any friends, who said money makes us happy? :shrug: :shake:

Honestly? Its an urban myth. I knew a similar guy in Mansfield, and I am sure there is a few in Nottingham as well ;)

Nice shot nonetheless, very moody (y)

Great story and amazing photo! Can I ask if you have added a textture over part of it? Seriously love this one.

Cheers! Nothing added in post processing, i think you might be referring to the painted windows behind? Building behind was a closed down woolworths with the windows painted white. Made an ordinary window a bit more interesting imo.

Cheers guys! (and girls :D)

Cheers! Nothing added in post processing, i think you might be referring to the painted windows behind? Building behind was a closed down woolworths with the windows painted white. Made an ordinary window a bit more interesting imo.

Cheers guys! (and girls :D)

Great textture, great photo, love it :)

We've got millionaires in every other shop doorway on Union Street, Aberdeen:LOL::LOL:

Nice pic th0(y)

love the shot. The type which can cause a lengthy discussion etc..

Its quite apparent from his body language/facial expression mind that there is a clear form of disability there though.

Who says he isnt happy though.... food for thought on internal happyness and what others percieve.

We've got millionaires in every other shop doorway on Union Street, Aberdeen:LOL::LOL:

Nice pic th0(y)

Nice Image, really good and thought provoking.

Aberdeen - I am amazed at the number of beggars in the city; there really is no need for it if you are able-bodied in the slightest, so many opportunities for those that want them. :shrug:

I work in Guild Street and there is a procession of them outside the entrance to the Trinity Centre - someone at work has noticed that there are three or four of them sharing the 'services' of one Collie-dog.

Its quite apparent from his body language/facial expression mind that there is a clear form of disability there though.

I look like that when I'm trying to remember whether I gave my wallet to the wife. Then again... married... disability...? :shrug:

Great shot. Nice composition.

-H

Money and mental illness don't make good companions.

I was talking to a guy that does house clearances , he got a call to a house in salford, the guy had been left a lot of money by his father when he was young but never spent it, when he got older he develped a compulsive disorder and started shopping, then he died and the family wanted the house clearing

In the house were rooms full of brand new gear, 30 identical vices in the shed, 40 new black and decker drills all the same in the boxes, he told me upstairs he found dozens of cameras still in the boxes all with receipts taped to the front, I bet he made plenty out of that job.

I like the image but i'd be very wary of photographing someone who has mental health problems, you never know how they'll react.

Back