Homework

Edit My Images
Yes
Following the instructions from various "teachers" yesterday, I managed after a few mugs of coffee and pipes to keep warm, capture another shot of this fellow and duly carried out instructions re- sharpening - is it overdone?

Giving me "I know you're there look".
robincrouch1xh.jpg

looks overdone to me yes Fangman.

Lovely image.

I would say the image was a little oversharpened.
There's a telltale sign of haloing under the beak.

At a guess I would say you also ran it through a noise reduction app too.
I thought I could see the tell tale signs in the background when I zoomed in in PS.

If I'm right I would go for a little less of both.

I like the composition and eye contact though.

It is too "cooked" for my taste, but trying to aim at a happy medium for web viewing. Will post a softer version in a few minutes.

Just cropped - layers and TPF actions to resise-sharpen and save for web.
Robin-crouch-normal.jpg

I prefer this myself. And thanks for interest and helpful comments - its a sharp learning curve for me.

I am sorry Fangman but I have had to break the link as it was way over our allowed files size.

If it was any help though, the second version is much better although I think something in between the two would be perfect.

Sorry - too much in a hurry! Have resized.

Much, much better. Nice capture. If I was being picky, I would like to see some space for him to fly into on the LHS.
Mark

Second one is a lovely, Fangman. Try putting a stick out the side of your feeder so the shot looks more natural.
(Not taking away from just how lovely your pretty red bowl looks, you understand! ;) )

Again - thanks. I am about to work on that and put up a feeder slightly further away from the window and will try and include a natural perch - ideally fitted with velcro to keep there a bit longer for focus and framing! It is really an excuse to go and have a puff on my pipe in the garage as I am getting banned from the house after nearly 50yr of enjoying it in comfort!

Back