Honda Civic Type R

• Thread starter Deleted member 11799
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11799

I took a few photographs of my friends car. Most of the photos are meant to have a dark look about them to give the images a really moody feel to them.

1.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

24.jpg

2.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

21.jpg

I will post up a link to my website which contains all of the images shortly.

C&C always welcome.

My faves are 9, 11, and 14 ...

You got yourself a fantastic location there buddy, not sure its the right one for a black car as you'll only really get the reflections showing and there is plenty of them in a place like this.

I am willing to guess that your mate is well chuffed with them, and thats whats important. Imagine how these shots would of looked with a bright coloured car.

this is only my opinion though mate, and I'm prone to talking out my ar .....

Regards

kris

I cant put my finger on it but #2 is extremely dark but I love it and its my favourite it just has a good feel to it and the rest of the shots are superb but 2 does make me think of .....poster for Honda enthusiasts

Yup, No 2 for me also - hard to put your finger on exactly what it is, but it kinda looks like an advertising shot... (y)

I think number 4 is my favourite, the dark ones are just a tad dark imho - if it wasn't for the Type-R badge in 2+3 I would have struggled to identify what kind of car it was.

Whereabouts is that? Looks like a handy location :naughty:

2 & 9 for me. Really like number 2 actually, the rest don't do a lot for me but I think it's probably because I've seen the location before in your other shoot.

One thing to note: When doing any moving shots where you can see the driver, get them to pose as if their driving properly and not with one arm on the wheel, unless it's a pimped out car and it suits the driver (such as xzibit or whatever his name is), it just looks silly. Sports cars (although the CTR only just scratches at being one) should defo be driven at the 10 to 2 position.

You got yourself a fantastic location there buddy, not sure its the right one for a black car as you'll only really get the reflections showing and there is plenty of them in a place like this.

+ 1

My faves are 9, 11, and 14 ...

I am willing to guess that your mate is well chuffed with them, and thats whats important. Imagine how these shots would of looked with a bright coloured car.

this is only my opinion though mate, and I'm prone to talking out my ar .....

Regards

kris

Thans mate. Yeah I found it quite difficult to shoot it, being black, I had a CPL filter with me and it was used but it never really helped that much due to the sheer amount of reflections and with the car being so clean lol.

He loves them, which is the main thing :).

PM on your way shortly again.

T.

I cant put my finger on it but #2 is extremely dark but I love it and its my favourite it just has a good feel to it and the rest of the shots are superb but 2 does make me think of .....poster for Honda enthusiasts

Thanks mate, It came out of the camera and I was not sure on it, but did a bit of processing on it and came out with that result :).

Yup, No 2 for me also - hard to put your finger on exactly what it is, but it kinda looks like an advertising shot... (y)

Thanks mate (y)

I think number 4 is my favourite, the dark ones are just a tad dark imho - if it wasn't for the Type-R badge in 2+3 I would have struggled to identify what kind of car it was.

Whereabouts is that? Looks like a handy location :naughty:

Thanks for the comments mate, yeah some of them are a tad darker than what I had hoped for, I could perhaps use a bit more fill light in the future :).

It's a place near Falkirk, in Central Scotland.

2 & 9 for me. Really like number 2 actually, the rest don't do a lot for me but I think it's probably because I've seen the location before in your other shoot.

One thing to note: When doing any moving shots where you can see the driver, get them to pose as if their driving properly and not with one arm on the wheel, unless it's a pimped out car and it suits the driver (such as xzibit or whatever his name is), it just looks silly. Sports cars (although the CTR only just scratches at being one) should defo be driven at the 10 to 2 position.

Thanks Dean.

lol yeah true. Noted for next time :).

T.

I was just going to say that the car isn't clear enough in that location.
You've overused that location not I think. Tbh it just doesn't work in the warehouse with that car.

If I were you, I would wake up early and take the car to a nice open country road and try and get the sunrise in the side of the car to give it more shape.

Also, not sure whether you have used one, but it is always a good idea with a black car to stick the camera on a tripod and use a polariser.

They're not bad shots, but they just don't jump out like your normal standard.

George

I was just going to say that the car isn't clear enough in that location.
You've overused that location not I think. Tbh it just doesn't work in the warehouse with that car.

If I were you, I would wake up early and take the car to a nice open country road and try and get the sunrise in the side of the car to give it more shape.

Also, not sure whether you have used one, but it is always a good idea with a black car to stick the camera on a tripod and use a polariser.

They're not bad shots, but they just don't jump out like your normal standard.

George

Thanks for the comments George. I don't agree about over using the location as I've only used it once before for a shoot with a friends car and the above lol.

I do agree though, the black car is lost in a few photos, but I was inteding to do this for some of the shots, such as the first two etc.

I used a tripod and polariser for all shots :).

I think it is all a little too dark, otherwise, awesome :)

Thanks Gary :).

I will post a link to the rest tonight once I am home and have updated my site.

Thomas.

hi thomas, really like the photographs and might i say thats one of the best car that has been built, simply stunning cars, i particularly like the black one with red wheels. As for the photos look very good and definately mate the car look very shiney. I would also like to know where that place is as i would like to go and take some photographs there myself. Potential for a car meet up there?

Thanks

Callum

It's all a bit too black for my liking. Great location and all that but I just think that there's a line between the car looking moody and mean, and not being able to see it properly altogether and I think you're into the latter. I don't know the answer*–*after all this is just my opinion - but I think that less clutter around the car (i.e. a less busy venue with loads of metalwork) would help pick out what is a nice shape and draw your eye onto those fantastic reflections on the bodywork. I also think the black wheels just don't help the shots...

enjoyed the whole set (y) 2 and 11 for me, suit the car a treat, got the mood just right

Back