Honest thoughts but no critque

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Just trying out my new HDR software, and i know its not the right subject but i had to use flowers instead of a landscape, or maybe an old vehicle.

All i need to know, is this an acceptable first attempt at HDR even though its the wrong subject.

Best regards Paul

Im not sure if this is acceptable or not as iv never done this sort of thing yet BUT i believe you use two/three layers or so and what i can see is that the layers are not stacked perfect,you can see two edges in the picture.

Hope that help Paul.:)

Thanks Del for the input to this posting.

as far as i know the software is suppose to be foolproof, but i have gone wrong somewhere along the line.
I took three images all bracketed, and just loaded them on the software marking align images, after that its anyones guess.

Best regards Paul.

Honestly? I cant even tell its HDR. Not the best subject at all, but at least you know that.

Just my opinion :)

Hi paul

The centre of the flower seems to be OK. But the edges are a bit out and the more I look the more it hurts my eyes :).

Did you manually change the exposure between the 3 shots and reposition the camera each time? If you did then maybe you where at a slightly different angle each time you took a photo. The software will do its best but it will always have its limits. What software did you use?

Next time set the camera to bracket automatically. One stop on, one stop under and one stop over for starters and expand the range if you need. Also try using a tripod and if your camera does it, use the rapid repeat to reduce the time between shots and therefore any changes in position or light.

A good start though and this game is always about having a go and then working out how to do it better next time.

Have fun
Debs

Thanks Betty for your thoughts.

I went back to the drawing board and tried again, this time aligning the images correctly.
A much better finish to the image, but is the quality of colors there?.

Best regards Paul

Totally different photograph Paul.

Now that’s something to be proud of and the colour looks great. Not OTT.

Nice one.

Debs

Hi paul

The centre of the flower seems to be OK. But the edges are a bit out and the more I look the more it hurts my eyes :).

Did you manually change the exposure between the 3 shots and reposition the camera each time? If you did then maybe you where at a slightly different angle each time you took a photo. The software will do its best but it will always have its limits. What software did you use?

Next time set the camera to bracket automatically. One stop on, one stop under and one stop over for starters and expand the range if you need. Also try using a tripod and if your camera does it, use the rapid repeat to reduce the time between shots and therefore any changes in position or light.

A good start though and this game is always about having a go and then working out how to do it better next time.

Have fun
Debs

Thanks Debs for the advice.
As you can see in the follow up image, things are much better now after re-processing the three images.

I do use a tripod to take the majority of my shots, also the camera was set to bracketing with -1, 0, +1 for each individual frame.

The software is Photomatix 3 which is totally new to me, but is relatively easy to use, even for someone who is computer illiterate like me, we just don't mix and it takes quite a while for me to get use to a program.

Anyhow please tell me what you think of the newer version?.

Best regards Paul

Totally different photograph Paul.

Now that’s something to be proud of and the colour looks great. Not OTT.

Nice one.

Debs

Thanks Debs, i am glad i am on the right track as i am due to go to a classic car show this weekend, and i intend to do quite a few in HDR.

Of course i ill post them when i have processed the series, and i hope you look at them and give me your honest opinion.

Best regards Paul

Back