Critique Honey Bee (slightly damp)

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I inadvertently soaked this honey bee whilst watering in some new plants. She didn't look too pleased with me especially when I thought about getting the camera for an impromptu shoot whilst she was drying off.

Honey Bee (slightly damp) by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I was holding a leaf behind this one to prevent a black background. It's a bit darker than I would usually go for, and I have others with the leaf closer so the background is lighter, but I liked the contrast on this one.

Lovely shot Tim, Very sharp and detailed.

Where is the hand shot though? Honey bees love a warm hand to sit on when they're dryng off ;)

@IanClark

Ha ha, I spend so much time trying to keep my fingers out of the frame I forgot to offer her a finger. How very ungentlemanly of me!

I think the background really suits imho... gives the bee the real pop almost 3d kinda look.

But does it have a swollen eye due to the water that bit looks a tad weird it doesn't look like a water droplet.

I think the background really suits imho... gives the bee the real pop almost 3d kinda look.

But does it have a swollen eye due to the water that bit looks a tad weird it doesn't look like a water droplet.

Thanks Bryn. Yeah it's annoying about that "drop" I should take more notice of what comes up in the LCD screen. Had I noticed it early enough I could have tried some shots from the other side.

This is the third in a row now that hit Explore. Must be my time to shine :)

Excellent shot Tim great colours and contrast
the blob on the eye is a shame as Bryn said but you never notice these things until later, I don't anyway:)

Back