Hornbeam Wood at Dusk

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I don't think I like this...

DSC_7381PHDRB.jpg

Anyone else not like it too....?

If deadpan is what you're going for, well done.

What I don't get is the point of posting a photograph you "don't think you like".

What did you want from it?
Tips on how to improve it?
An explanation as to why we don't like it so you can get your head around it?

Lost me... :shrug:

Sean, yes, all of those things.

I took it quite close to dusk, and it seems that digital cameras make some sort of a selective compensation for low light. The stubble field came out really weirdly light, and I had to darken it, the wood too dark and I had to lighten it, and the sky...well, I dont know what happened with the sky. I quite like it, but I am not sure that it was that light.

I don't know. The autumn colours on the hornbeams had real potential, I just don't think it quite works. I wanted to float it across the forum, without any particular explanation, just to see what reactions and comments it got.....

Sorry horrocks but it's a boring image.
Not much foreground interest, not much midground interest, and no background interest.
My eye doesn't get led through the frame, the colours are fairly muted which does nothing for the image, and the light is flat and unflattering.

You need to pick a better composition and wait for the light to really, excuse the pun, shine.
Something that holds my interest. I think the muted colours could work well had the image itself been more interesting.

Looks like the area has lots of potential though (y)

Back