Critique Houghton House Long exposure

Is a nice shot Kellet, feel it would work maybe a little better as a moody b&w but that's just my opinion.

Is there a particular reasoning behind using a long exposure rather than grads for this? Just wondered if it was just to smooth out the clouds or some other reason.

(You really need to clean your sensor btw mate, especially for long exposures :)

Thanks for the advice moomike, I do a have a version without the big stopper, just a 6nd grad used,
If you could point out some areas that need cleaning would be appreciated thought my sensor was clean.

View attachment 14074

cheers kellett

Last edited:
Had a quick play you can see the sensor dust (left side of tower? towards the middle and top right of tower)

You have taken an unusual view of the building which works well as it utilises the leaning vertical lines to advantage and creates a different approach to the subject. I think the long exposure has been used to good effect too, smoothing the sky nicely.

I prefer the original colour version but would like to see maybe half a stop more exposure to just brighten it a bit.

Hello

Sorry for the late response as have been busy at work. I have edited another version (non long exposure) Let me know what you think . Welding blues you have eyes like a hawk I didn't even notice the dust bunnies. Cameras now booked in to get sensor cleaned. :)

View attachment 15061

Cheers Kellett

Back