House Martin

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Having seen Martyn...'s swift in an earlier thread I thought I would have a go at House Martins. They are virtually impossible to track hand held and the AF & VR struggled as much as I did! This is virtually a 100% crop so the IQ is not so good but is the best of about 150 shots. A bit more effort required on this type of shot I believe.

TP_DSC2635.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Having seen Martyn...'s swift in an earlier thread I thought I would have a go at House Martins. They are virtually impossible to track hand held and the AF & VR struggled as much as I did! This is virtually a 100% crop so the IQ is not so good but is the best of about 150 shots. A bit more effort required on this type of shot I believe.

Thanks for looking.

That is superb Donna :clap:

Thanks, your swift has more detail though. Must get better glass.

I think that was because the light was behind me to the left, and the Swift kindly banked over illuminating his undercarriage quite nicely, they are not always that accommodating :D

very good - not an easy target!

Nicely caught - I only get the OOF shots of these.

Nice shot Donna (y) That crop factor is going to be the downfall of many with these shots, well unless you got serious glass :LOL: You could always tempt them lower with some flies :naughty::naughty:

Nice shot Donna (y) That crop factor is going to be the downfall of many with these shots, well unless you got serious glass :LOL: You could always tempt them lower with some flies :naughty::naughty:

Not got serious glass - yet! But I am working on it, or rather waiting for a small price drop. We have some nest building up under the eaves of the house so I will try to get them flying in and out if the weather holds next week.

Back