House Sparrow selection...

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Went out yesterday afternoon for a walk with Jen & the dogs. We went to the fields along the riverbank adjacent to where we live, and what a lovely day it was yesterday eh!. Lots of birds about, plenty on the river and muddy banks itself, but when we were walking past the bushes coming into spring blossom, the Sparrows were making so much noise, darting about here and there - they seemed to be arguing with each other.

I just stopped where I was, and waited for one to come to the outside.

I remember as a young lad seeing loads of Sparrows all the time, they were the most prolific bird about in my parts at that time. Don't see so many of them now though, not at all... well, not around here!

I did take loads, but here's a small selection;

p596662954-4.jpg

p806247436-4.jpg

p968667325-4.jpg

p703644388-4.jpg

Fine selection John, obviously got some young to feed, got boatloads of character shown well in your photos.

Those are stunning images, lots of detail, and lovely to see blue sky too - I've forgotten what it looks like!

you got very close there, great to see good photos of the sparrow, lot of them about this year at my dads farm.

Lovely set of images....the last is my choice...the blossom really set the images off.

Andy

Fine selection John, obviously got some young to feed, got boatloads of character shown well in your photos.

Those are stunning images, lots of detail, and lovely to see blue sky too - I've forgotten what it looks like!

you got very close there, great to see good photos of the sparrow, lot of them about this year at my dads farm.

Lovely set of images....the last is my choice...the blossom really set the images off.

Andy

What they all said - and more!! A brilliant set of a much under-rated bird. Their numbers also seem to be declining in my part of the country as well, which is a shame.

Nice set Keith (y)

Yep looks like there is plenty of young ones about :D

By the way I have cornered the house sparrow market in my back garden :D

some very nice shots there " JOHN" :D

well done matey

md(y)

Back