Houses of Parliament

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
So I moved down to London a few months ago and haven't had the camera out since. Such a travesty since I can walk to the houses of parliament in about 25 mins, so I finally got around to taking a few images the other night. The verticals might need a tweak at some point on one of these, but since I don't have a working photoshop install I'm just enjoying these as they are and thought I'd share

Houses_of_Parliament-2 by James_Mason, on Flickr

Houses_of_Parliament-1 by James_Mason, on Flickr

Thanks all. 2 is my favourite too, I'm contemplating getting it printed, never really printed my images before and this seems a decent place to start. Sadly the frame I have in mind has the wrong dimensions, alas, so I'll have to buy a new one

If I may say so they look a little over exposed losing the clock face detail and surrounding brickwork. I do like the seconds sky (y)

Actually those bits aren't a bit over exposed, they are blown completely out of the water. These were both 30 second exposures, I also took some 5 and 8 second exposures and still blew the highlights, but the building just isn't nearly as impressive. I chose to go with the huge blowout rather than the partial blowout

I do wish they'd sort lighting the LHS & RHS parts of the building

I do wish they'd sort lighting the LHS & RHS parts of the building

That's my biggest annoyance every time that I'm there :shrug: how hard can it be to light up one of the worlds most famous buildings properly :shrug:

Matt

Back