Hover time .......

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Forgot about some hover fly shots I had done, better late than never I suppose. Sometimes they can be really obliging, almost predictable...... then other times, definately not.

!,

3875230276_c641d322e7_o.jpg

3875231176_0f02bab96e_o.jpg

3875237674_d59038360f_o.jpg

3875236024_5f3e8e1743_o.jpg

3875238618_da24bac3a7_o.jpg

3874462021_cd50952686_o.jpg

Thank you for looking

Dave ....

Great series Dave, I haven't shot hovers for a while now and there have been a lot less in my garden this year for some reason unbeknown to me. favourites are #3 and the in-flight shot (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent series (y) The flying hover is my fave out of the set :clap:

Stunning images, I am green with envy.:clap::clap:

I really appreciate all the complimentary comments as it really does wonders for my confidence, only started to get to grips with the art of macro over the summer (after looking at some quite amazing captures on here, especially Alby, who in my opinion is in a completely different league) Still feel as though I can squeeze a bit more out of the kit I have got, now I am starting to understand a bit more what I can, and more importantly, cant do with it. Lots still to learn, just wish I had a bit more free time to do it.

Great series Dave, I haven't shot hovers for a while now and there have been a lot less in my garden this year for some reason unbeknown to me. favourites are #3 and the in-flight shot (y)

A fair few have been in our garden over the summer, maybe due to flower types etc, my other half has quite a battery of flower beds and pot plants, have looked at them in a different light this year.

Dave ....

Amazing images, and great subjects, all the colours of a wasp without getting stung! ;)

Very nice set, and a kindly reminder of the warmer months (where have they gone! BRrrrrrrrr)... No's. 3 to 6 are the ones for me. (y) What kit set-up did you use?

Very nice set, and a kindly reminder of the warmer months (where have they gone! BRrrrrrrrr)... No's. 3 to 6 are the ones for me. (y) What kit set-up did you use?

Very simple set up, with no frills, ..... Samsung Gx10, an original tamron adaptal2 manual lens, and a Sigma EF-530 DG ST flash with a Stofen diffuser and a home made cardboard reflector (held on with an elastic band). Once you get to grips with the Tamron lens it produces some fantastic results, and for not a lot of money ( about £90 on eBAY). I originally bought it just to find out if i could "get into " Macro, and dont really see me buying a different "better" lens.

Thank you all for taking time to comment.

Dave ....

Back