How about this rumour for new 1D Mk IV.

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Obviously there are bazillions of rumours circulating the interwebz about new Canon cameras.

I doubt this true but if it was it could make an interesting sports camera.

This is from Canon Rumours so take with liberal helpings of salt.

It’s claimed the new “1″ series camera in 2011 will be a 1D4 replacement and not a new 1Ds. Full frame and slightly lower megapixels (15). Obvious improvements in ISO performance and other minor tweaks.

A short lived “1″ series camera has only happened once in the past with the 1D Mark IIn.

This also goes along with the notion that the next 1Ds would be a massive departure from what we have now.
-------------

Now lets say this camera did appear with ISO that could match the D3s and still matched the 10fps.

Obviously you would lose 1.3 "crop".

Would you be interested in it as a sports camera?

Also IF it did come out I wonder how much dearer than the Mk IV it would be.

I'm not sure how many Canon shooters would go for it, and i don't see that it would win any sports shooters back from Nikon as you really don't need any better ISO performance than the D3S.

Interesting if it comes to fruition as Canon seem to be firmly in the Pro body with crop sensor camp (for sports/action)

I couldnt wait foir the 1dIV over the 1dIII and got it as soon as I could

If the above is true which I find highly unlikely.. It does absoloutly nothing for me..

I'm not sure how many Canon shooters would go for it, and i don't see that it would win any sports shooters back from Nikon as you really don't need any better ISO performance than the D3S.

Interesting if it comes to fruition as Canon seem to be firmly in the Pro body with crop sensor camp (for sports/action)

But the percentage of pro sports shooters with D3S is negligible!

But the percentage of pro sports shooters with D3S is negligible!

sportsphotos.jpg

Just look at the sea of white L Series ;) lol!!

Surely Full frame with such a high frame rate has its advantages... i would have thought that most sports togs would have wanted the crop factor tho... get them "Closer" to the action...

Fair point :)

Plus there are a good number of pros out there still earning their living with MK2s.. really makes me realise how pathetic the gear race can be at the top end.

Fair enough for the likes of Tony braving the youth stuff, and working in the dingy conditions of non-league and lower leagues! :)

Plus there are a good number of pros out there still earning their living with MK2s.. really makes me realise how pathetic the gear race can be at the top end.

surprises me when i see top agency togs turning up with 2 mkIIs and a tatty old non is 400 ... then i realise even at night matches they are shooting in near sunlight... amazing floodlights at some top grounds... If I was only doing premiership grounds I would prob be happy wiht a nice stable mkII as indeed mine where..

Fair enough for the likes of Tony braving the youth stuff, and working in the dingy conditions of non-league and lower leagues! :)

Yeah for sure especially covering PL with better lighting conditions there are still plenty of guys (and girls) shooting on MKII's and getting usage, in print the noise isn't really as noticable.....................wait hang on why have i got a D3S maybe i should flog it for a D2x :LOL: :p

surprises me when i see top agency togs turning up with 2 mkIIs and a tatty old non is 400 ... then i realise even at night matches they are shooting in near sunlight... amazing floodlights at some top grounds... If I was only doing premiership grounds I would prob be happy wiht a nice stable mkII as indeed mine where..

(y)

Yeah for sure especially covering PL with better lighting conditions there are still plenty of guys (and girls) shooting on MKII's and getting usage, in print the noise isn't really as noticable.....................wait hang on why have i got a D3S maybe i should flog it for a D2x :LOL: :p

What about all your league commissions? Won't pay for your next upgrade with on-spec work ;):LOL:

Surely Full frame with such a high frame rate has its advantages... i would have thought that most sports togs would have wanted the crop factor tho... get them "Closer" to the action...

Absolutely. In some cases a full frame camera is ideal if the crop camera is a little too close. I know a couple of photographers in my field that will only use two 1ds full frame cameras. Personally, I like having the option of using both full frame and crop cameras.

sportsphotos.jpg

Is this why most of the "dark side" are down the front :LOL:

Nothing wrong with MKIIn's, bad workmen blame there tools (runs off for the tin hat)

As I mentioned before I can't see this rumour being true. There is no logic in it "innit".

However it would be great to see all the comparisons of different ISOs and crops between both the Mk IV and D3s.

On a seperate point it certainly looks like Canon wont be announcing the Ds IV in a hurry. Must be waiting on the Digic V.

Perfect, what I've been wanting for the last 7 years :)
The current 1ds mk3 at 24mp is overkill.

sportsphotos.jpg

I reckon come London 2012 that will be a different picture with Nikon users much closer in number to canon. At games I'm at canon clearly still has the upper hand with numbers but there are plenty of Nikon pros around.

I can't see Canon replacing the 1d body that soon... would just make them look stupid.

I reckon come London 2012 that will be a different picture with Nikon users much closer in number to canon. At games I'm at canon clearly still has the upper hand with numbers but there are plenty of Nikon pros around.

I can't see Canon replacing the 1d body that soon... would just make them look stupid.

I agree.. It did seem to be all nikon at some games but has levelled out again.. plenty of canon about

If nikon offered the same deal again to cross over... nuice new nikon equipment for your canon... I still wouldnt swap :)

:D

Though I am going to sell my mkII for another mkIII...

Back