Critique How are these?

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Personally I don't think there is much interest in any of these shots apart from the last one of the wall. Maybe if there was some sweeping clouds to give the sky some detail then it would be better.

I think that the last shot of the wall could do with a better B&W conversion or possibly a HDR conversion to bring out the Dynamic range.

I kind of like the first one, I wonder what it would look like taken lower down to include just the sky behind the wall.

Personally I don't think there is much interest in any of these shots apart from the last one of the wall. Maybe if there was some sweeping clouds to give the sky some detail then it would be better.

I think that the last shot of the wall could do with a better B&W conversion or possibly a HDR conversion to bring out the Dynamic range.

Thanks Karl, I tried a few times with the last one with different conversion but found this to be a happy medium. I will give it ago in lightroom at some point and see if I get any different results. Hdr might work, but I don't have any hdr software.

I kind of like the first one, I wonder what it would look like taken lower down to include just the sky behind the wall.

That might work, I shall try and remember that for the next visit, thank you.
They're just bland subject matters on a washed out day. Sorry.

Thanks Steve, no need to be sorry, I did ask for critique :)

I certainly have a fair way to go with landscapes, I can never say I am 100% happy with them!

I liked the composition I used on them, my favourite is the instagram shot, just something about it I like.

To be be fair, ultimately, if you are happy with it, then thats what matters.

I see you are in Derbyshire. My advice for you is to head up the Peakdistrict, Mam torr and bag a sunrise and see how you get on. Or early morning, late afternoons

Back