How can i get Chrome and Lightroom to display images the same ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

On processing a holiday pic in Lightroom i tried to keep it fairly natural which i felt it was. I exported the file using sRGB profile and in windows photo viwer it looked fine. However on uploading to FB and displaying in Chrome it looks very different and over saturated and processed. Is FB doing this or Chrome ? really annoying as they should be allowed to modify anyone's images. Obviously it's personal taste which rendition people prefer but if id 'wanted strong reds and saturation i've have processed that way.

compare.JPG

Many thanks in advance.
Mike.

Maybe try a smaller size image, it could be they are resizing/compressing it (which most sites do anyway) and changing the colour during the process.

Make it smaller and the adjustment may not happen

Its facebook not chrome
I thought exactly the same but just dropped the image into a blank chrome tab and it was the overprocessed version displayed so would suggest Chrome is the culprit.

Are you comparing what you see LR before export to what you see in Chrome? If so what settings are you using to export from LR?

Last edited:
Are you comparing what you see LR before export to what you see in Chrome? If so what settings are you using to export from LR?

Yes that's correct. Only export params are jpg export at 100% quality and low sharpening, sRGB profile.

And if you open the jpg in a photo viewer rather than Chrome?

I can't really replicate this opening in Faststone and chrome side by side they aren't identical but near enough.
Maybe the image viewer is as much to blame?
It's a minefield you are sometimes best not getting into though - as screen calibration is a major factor too.
You can end up wondering if what others see is miles out from your careful grading especially in video.

Back