How can I watch my cd-r's on tv?

Edit My Images
Yes
New to videos and wondering how I could watch my vids on tv. Just put my video onto a cd-r but can't watch on tv...am I using the wrong type cd or what? Also, I am wanting to take a photo of myself for a passport but only have a white background...they want it greyish. I want to take it indoors using daylight as I only have the built in flash on my Nikon...how do I get a grey background?

You need to write videos to a DVD disc, CD's are fine for still images but there is not enough space for video on them.

John.

Hi

Welcome to TP.

In order to view a cd on tv via a dvd player you need to create a Videocd.

What OS are you using on your computer?

What other apps do you have on the PC that can burn or create cd/dvd's? I had nero on my xp machine to create vcd.

I have little knowledge of computer terms etc...have been using slr cameras since 1978 and know a fair bit about photography but when it comes to pc speak, call me Simple Simon lol! I use Photoshop Elements 9 and Nikon View NX2 for processing if that helps.

That's okay. A few more questions:

Where has the video come from?
What format is it in?
Does your Pc have a dvd burner?

I can answer the first question for sure...I took it on my D7000. If a Dvd burner is external, then no it doesn't have one.

Last edited:
Dvd burner can be internal. What make and model is your Pc/laptop?

Back