How do I seal a 120 roll?

Name
Wilson
Edit My Images
Yes
I unloaded my first roll of 120 today, it said something about sealing but I couldn't figure it out. Is there meant to be some adhesive included, do I lick some tape? It was Kodak Porta 160.

There's usually a paper tab on the end of the roll which you just lick and stick down. The paper backing is wider than the film so you should be OK as long as you keep it tightly rolled. I'd put it in the carton too just to be safe.

Ah cheers. I actually tried to take the paper tab off thinking it would reveal a sticky area :LOL:

LOL. Lacky band - not too tight does the job.

Hehe good to know. Is that all Fuji 120 films in general? I think I may try Velvia next, I should have used slide film as the test roll.

No I think its just the Neopans so far, I think its a fairly new film comparatively, but maybe they're moving over to ready sticky tabs for all their film, I dunno.
The world is going that way though, peeps dont like licking objects of indeterminable origin.
Personally, I'll lick velvia:love: till the cows come home:naughty:

I just unloaded my first roll of Velvia. I am afraid I got some bad news for you, no more licking :(

R0010949.jpg

I've probably got a load of old stock:LOL:...nevermind, that Rolleicord is asking for a lick...budefull

actually, the sticky back tabs are better, they come off easier, you're not faffing about with a stanley knife on a tightly wound super lickstuck tab

Back