How do I tell?

Edit My Images
Yes
I read adverts for DSLR's that give the number of shutter actuations, where does this number come from?
I have a 5D and a 350D where can I find this info? :thinking:
Thanks In Advance
Dave

Dave,

Unless you're up to the 1 series bodies then it's based on honesty.

Bob

I suppose if you had used it from new .. wouldnt it then be the same as the file no. if you had set it to continous numbering?

I suppose if you had used it from new .. wouldnt it then be the same as the file no. if you had set it to continous numbering?

It would. But over time its very easy to mess this up by putting someone elses memory card in, or putting your card in someone elses camera, taking a few shots etc etc.

I'm up to 8k on my 30D, and let someone use it last week. Was a nightmare getting my shutter count back to the right one....lol

I tend to swap cards between the cameras, the 350d was at @2.5k before i lost the total, now I start from zero at every card format

Dave

I think that 2nd one is the software I use. It only works with a jpeg. For some reason mine only works with a small jpeg. :shrug:

Only works with 1 Series bodies btw

I'm glad that the continuous numbering thing isn't 100% accurate, as I lent my camera to my Dad while I went travelling for 3 weeks and it came back having jumped 4000 numbers, he said he'd hardly used it either...

Back