How do you organise your video files?

Name
Johnny
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone,

So when it comes to photo library management I have that absolutely nailed. Using Lightroom and a folder structure within the app works wonders.

I'm in the very early stages of working on video and my app of choice is Adobe Premiere Pro. What I can't work out though is how do people best organise their video raw files?

Any tips on keeping file names, renaming, archive & Structure etc? Also, do you use any other application or Premiere to browse the video files at all or do you just create projects?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

I just use Lightroom to import them, in the 2019-04-05 style folders same as photos.

4wd doesn't loading videos cripple your Lightroom performance more than it already is?

I also use Lightroom . It enables me to quickly rename the files with scene and take info. Additionall I can select what if any different poster frame I need .I can then choose which ones I import into my NLE. And it doesnt have any significant effect on Lightroom performance.

4wd doesn't loading videos cripple your Lightroom performance more than it already is?
Haven't noticed anything, thumbnails load just like stills.
The only niggle is it would be nice if video and stills were separated without doing it manually, when there's more than handful.

I usuallly go Project Name>Footage>Date/Day>Camera#/letter

Under each camera folder is where I drop the video files for each particular camera. I then scrub through the clips once I've imported them into premiere to see which ones I like the best and start dropping the best shots in to the timeline from there.

I use Lightroom and the exact same organisation I have for photos.
Regarding performance I have noticed that it slows down with very large folders (more 400-500 video clip in a folder)

Back