Answered How does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
It seems that I’ve been banned from viewing the classified section of the site.

I must assume this is due to a one sided posting of a sale that seemed to go a bit wrong.

A chap bought my Canon R5, described as boxed and in as new condition. He paid quickly and I dusted and brushed the camera before packing it as though canon had packed it themselves. I posted it the same day for next day delivery fully insured.

On receipt I asked the guy if the camera was OK. He said all was good. I thought no more of it and bought a new R3 with the money. Two weeks later he complained that the LCD had scratches. Two weeks, not 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days. 2 weeks. I responded by saying who would sell a camera described as mint that had a damaged LCD. I made a lot of effort to provide a lovely camera in superior condition. Anyway, I heard nothing back for many more weeks until he complained again. I thought he’d accepted the situation and just got on with it. At no point did he ask for his money back. In accordance with the rules he had my email address and my telephone number, but he never contacted me directly.

Finally, after quite a few more weeks he took out a paypal case. I know the seller never wins these so I returned his money speedily. He sent the camera back to me.

So, I now own a mint, spanking condition R5, with a lovely bright clean LCD, that still has no scratches. I must assume this gentleman had buyers remorse and made a drama out of it. In the interim I was banned from this sites classified area without being able to offer my half of the tale. To date I’ve done nothing wrong and have always acted in good faith, and always will.

Having reviewed all the points raised on both sides,
both sent privately and openly, and as you refunded the buyer,
you now have your access back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back