How great is life when you're 17.......

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
you pass your test on thursday, and your dad surprises you with a car on saturday ?

4736080224_58593defe8_b.jpg

It should be wrapped in pink ribbon :rules: I like the sefie too. A great shot for the family album (y)

Lovely, who gets to pay the £1500 insurance though :D

God I wish I got a present like that!
I had to pay through life the hard way - by my self :(

Great shot for the album though - its all in the smile :D

Will you be my dad please..............I need a new camera LOL

Something similar happened to me when i was 17, my dad SOLD me a car :thinking:

Lovely, who gets to pay the £1500 insurance though :D

Don't remind me :crying:

Will you be my dad please..............I need a new camera LOL

:)

Something similar happened to me when i was 17, my dad SOLD me a car :thinking:

Doh ! I wish I'd have thought of that

It should be wrapped in pink ribbon :rules: I like the sefie too. A great shot for the family album (y)

Another £5 for pink ribbon ?? This has cleaned me out :(

God I wish I got a present like that!
I had to pay through life the hard way - by my self :(

Me too ! They don't know they're born today etc etc

Haha, my Dad gave me a banger for christmas that had literally fallen apart by June.

I then bought a second hand £3000 Ford focus on finance through Bank Of Dad. When I went to uni, I gave it to him in exchange for a) him paying my insurance while I'm at uni so I can drive it when I want, b) him paying for services, and c) to wipe off the debt owed to him for the car.

All in all, my Dad is probably as much a legend as you are :p

Nice work or do you have a Ferrari sat on the drive - it's either that or buy her a car :LOL:

Is she off to Uni with it?

My mum did a deal with me at 15 - promise not to have a motorbike (which in those days you could have at 16) and every penny you save I will match when you're 17.

So I saved up £250 in two years (not bad considering it was 1979 and I was at school) and as good as her word she matched it. When I passed my test I spent £500 on a VERY old Triumph Spitfire and was the envy of all my mates !
(until it fell to bits).

Great for the album to look back on in years to come... lucky girl.

I worked weekends in a pub to save £500 for a mini, taxed/insured and managed to run it off a £27.50 a week YTS... £5 to fill the tank LOL

My first car was a mark II Cortina bought by me for £400.00 back in 1977. Lovely car that was.

I can see all the McDonalds rappers in there already...... I love Yateley too (my first home).

I got my car for my 17th Birthday, all £150 worth of Fiesta! Had to foot the £1200 insurance bill myself though :(

When i passed my driving test my dad got me a car....the thing was i had to pay for it. VW Jetta..the shame

Helps with the insurance though.

You can never spoil your kids enough, until you get grand-kids :p

The expression on her face says it all :); I bet you're her hero.

Good car choice too. Cheap to run and maintain.

My dad bought me a car when I passed my test Dec.,23, 1965, with 2" of snow on the ground. An Austin A30, oh boy, you ain't driven a car until you have driven an A30, no synchromesh, rod connected clutch, brakes sort of?, no heater, came with matching rust . . . and I had to share it with me mum . . . she did not get a look in, bless her . . .

Continued the tradition with both my daughters, ungrateful c*ws . . . !!!! live and learn.

CJS

Yes well done you, good to see real dads looking after the family, well done Dad
my dad got me a maxi £150.00 even had 6 gears,

Last edited:
Back