How is Sigma's 70-200 f2.8 in comparison with Canon's 70-200 f2.8?

Edit My Images
No
Wonder if any one may have initially used Sigma's 70-200 f2.8 and then upgraded to a Canon's 70-200 f2.8 and could share their experience?

never used either, but did some reading up on them and the siggy supposedly is very close to the canon in image quality, if not the same. i think that was from www.photozone.de or www.dpreview.com.

Hi friend I cant say much about the canon as i have not used one. But i do own the Sigma 70-200mm the first one that came out with out macro and its cracking lens m8. If you look around you will find most websites / forums say the Sigma is just as good as the canon if not better when you look at the cost that comes in to play.

I've got the Sigma f2.8 and the Canon f4 and of the two I'd pick up the Sigma first.
Not had the pleasure of comparing the two f2.8s though.

The advice I got when considering purchases was "what use do you intend putting it to?" and it's a very valid question.

I owned a f4 Canon 70-200 and found it a little lacklustre - it certainl;y didn't wow me with its Iq at any focal length, but at least i got what i paid for it in part ex against a sigma lens.

I've used the Sigma f2.8 and its a good lens - not far if anything behind what i would expect from the Canon, but maybe my view of the 70-200 is blotted by a bad copy ?

Back