how long do you do it for?

Turn the PC on at about 9:30am - Turn it off at about 10:30-11:00pm and I pretty much have something internet related open all the time. So 13ish hours a day.

Hmmm... it varies. When I'm not at work, the PC usually goes on when I get up (about 7.30AM ish) and doesn't get turned off until I go to bed (usually about 10.30-11.00Pm). I tend to be on and off throughout the day. If I have lots to do, I'll be on for maybe 1-2 hours, then the PC gets switched off as it's too much of a distraction.

When my other half is home too, it's a nightmare as he goes onto his various forums as well :LOL:

24/7 pretty much here.

OOPS!
Sorry guys! :embarrassed:

I moved Photomad's thread over to 'Out Of Focus' as I didnt think it was actually 'talk Photography' ... but as I moved it peeps started to reply! :puke:

Now Ive moved posts before but never merged posts before ...so I messed up and I think I have left a little trail of destruction in my wake!!!!

Appologies all round! :coat:

OOPS!

I moved Photomad's thread over to 'Out Of Focus' as I didnt think it was actually 'talk Photography' ... but as I moved it peeps started to reply! :puke:

Now Ive moved posts before but never merged posts before ...so I messed up and I think I have left a little trail of destruction in my wake!!!!

haha - was that fun? :p

Seems I managed a triple post too :D all on different threads, and one not even by me :D

how long do you guys spend on line a day?

im bout 4 hrs

4 hours can seem so much longer sometimes...:p
probably about 10 hours...

Women :wacky: As for online, well I have a computer online 24/7 as do lots of people. Me personally, I do a lot of work online as its a great resource so quite a long time plus I'm always chatting on IRC.

OOPS!

sorted!(y)

do you guys do any thing else

work
read
go out drinking
go running
see mates
see bands
go cinema

?????????

I read websites. I work online. I photograph bands. I'm not really a fan of getting drunk. I do cycle when its nice out. I don't like the cinema on my own. Basically, I'm either photographing something, processing photos, doing work crap or gaming.

jimmy if you do that you cant be on the pc all day

little porky pies i tink

Part 1 first - My MAC is on 24/7, 80% of my work is Computer based, probably online 6 hours a day.

do you guys do any thing else

work
read
go out drinking
go running
see mates
see bands
go cinema

?????????

Work - yes
Read - yes
Go out drinking - oh yes
go running - what do you think ?.
See mates - everyday
See bands - yes
Go cinmea - every week - unless nothing on.

jimmy if you do that you cant be on the pc all day

little porky pies i tink

As in my post, I am only generally "online" for 13 hours, still another 11 hours in the day :D plus only got one mate who lives within half an hour, so if I do the visiting mates thing its normally for whole day. Same with cinema and drinking, usually on one of these "other" days :)

On-line most days for most of the day from 0800hrs ish to late evening ... ish ... exceptions being when I have to work ... :eek: ...

... and it just doesn't happen to be at home as usual ... ;) ... like tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday ... :cautious:

smiley-channel.de_geschlecht003.gif

My pc is on usually all evening, and then if I come home during the day from work i'll turn it on and check emails and have a quick look at the sites I visit.

As for the other questions
Work - Too much sometimes but I love it
Read - only online stuff
Go out drinking - Never go to pubs, might have an occasional drink at home
go running - Dont need to with my job
See mates - Dont have any, I'm just unsociable
See bands - Never ever
Go cinmea - Wait for it to come on telly

work - Nah unemployment is fun!
read - I read constantly while on the net, quite often wikipedia amongst other scienfic and other sites
go out drinking - occasionally, not really one for going and getting drunk
go running - no running, does sailing count :p ?
see mates - most evenings
see bands - occasionally, depends who's playing i would photograph some of the better local bands
go cinema - on the rare occasion there is a film worth spending other tax payers money i go

I'm on for about 6 to 8 hours maybe I don't count or guess.:p

Getting drunk Is overrated, I don't get whats fun about not remembering yo night.:rules:

I just mostly go to gyms, ride around se city with se camera, play on the PS2 or watch cartoons and read or TV.

I try to write but I can;t stick to Ideas.

Im not far from my PC, which is online, for most of the day and night...sadly...

I'm a house husband, and apart from helping staff these forums, I'm a mod on a parenting forum too. Plus I watch all my TV and stuff at my PC usually (and its in the living room).

Which all adds up for about 16 hours a day. On and off.

Online - Varies day to day on how I'm feeling.
work - Yes but only for the money
read - Sometimes will read for weeks at a time then do something else for a few weeks.
go out drinking - rarely, have a bottle of wine that's just done its second weekend and I'm worried it may have turned to vinegar by next.
go running - Absolutely not.
see mates - not that often, only had a select few and they are now married or living elsewhere.
see bands - Only on two occassions, I will keep who they were to myself.
go cinema - Hardly ever. Last time was when visiting family near newcastle. Nearest cinema to me is 20 miles away.

Back