How long will C41 chemicals last once mixed ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All,

I intend with the next batch of film that I use to process it myself, I was going to try black and white first but have decided to go colour from the start, processing the less important film first then moving on as I gain experience. This will mean there may be quite a gap between processing the films from my lower cameras as I will still be using my SLR's and sending their films away to be processed so I wondered once mixed how long will they last ? I also have no scanner (other than a flat bed scanner printer) at the moment so I intend to send films away to be scanned rather than spend a load of cash straight away, checking them first using my nasty digital camera thing so that I don't send useless negs away to be scanned.

Can't help with the soups' longevity but you might find that it's cheaper to get films DP&S than scanned after home D&P, especially once the cost of home development is taken into account.

Your right Nod, with the company I normally use its 5.50 to process and scan, To scan my negs it would be 8 pounds. I hadn't looked and just presumed it would be cheaper !

Your right Nod, with the company I normally use its 5.50 to process and scan, To scan my negs it would be 8 pounds. I hadn't looked and just presumed it would be cheaper !

Stuff the cost, or scan them yourself. Processing your own colour negs is great fun! I’m sat here waiting for my Jobo to finish warming up. :)

Back