How to do this with iPad? (Solved)

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
My wife has a standard iPad but has just acquired an iPad Mini for use when not at home (lighter, smaller).
She wants to duplicate her settings & content from her existing iPad to her new(ish) iPad Mini, whilst keeping everything as it is on the existing iPad ... i.e. content duplicated over the two tablets.
Is it possible to do this and if so what is the best way, to ensure that no content is lost/wiped from the original tablet?

Last edited:
All she should have to do is sign in to the new ipad with the same iCloud account.

The system will then automatically install all the same apps and duplicate content.

Dougie.

Make sure the main iPad is backed up to iCloud or via iTunes. When you start the new iPad mini it’ll ask you to sign in then offer you backups to restore from.

All she should have to do is sign in to the new ipad with the same iCloud account.

The system will then automatically install all the same apps and duplicate content.

Dougie.
Make sure the main iPad is backed up to iCloud or via iTunes. When you start the new iPad mini it’ll ask you to sign in then offer you backups to restore from.

Thanks both of you ... we use iTunes so there's nothing on iCloud.
Does iTunes automatically offer to restore, or do I need to select it from somewhere?

Thanks both of you ... we use iTunes so there's nothing on iCloud.
Does iTunes automatically offer to restore, or do I need to select it from somewhere?

You can backup to iTunes through the cable, does the same thing.

But, backing up to iCloud is a sensible thing to do in case you need to emergency recover when away from home.

Also, I think you need iCloud to sync everything across the iPads.

The easiest thing to do is turn on iCloud back up on the old one. As mentioned, sign into the the iPad mini using the same Apple ID et voila.

All done thanks :)

Back