How to find a photo - LR export

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
At the risk of seeming clueless, how do I find a photo that I have exported from LR?

I have a shot in LR that I have processed and exported as a JPG to a hard drive folder.
The history panel shows the date and time that it was exported but not the destination folder.
I am trying to find the JPG but it is not where I thought that it would be .
Is there a way that I can interrogate LR and find where it has gone?

I have not used LR for some time but if you know the file name, whether in Windows or Mac(AFAIK) you can do a global search for that file or if you don't recall the full name I think I recall for example.....

Under Windows you can add a wildcard e.g. ABC*.jpg that would find all .jpg files starting ABC

HTH?

If you right click on the image in develop and choose export, a dialog box will appear. One of the options is to a specific folder, specify the folder and re-export it. Alternatively, in that same dialog box will be options to rename the file on export, LR gives you a preview of the final file name. It'll be the same as when you exported the image, you can then use the windows file search tool.

Depending on your settings, go to the folder in the library which contains the original image, select synchronise from the menu and the exported image should be added. Then use the option the find where it is in Windows.

Back