how to loose a sale...

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
i often by things from the LCE branch in chester as up until now ive always had great service... until today...

i went in to enquire about a price for the 70-200f2.8 sigma at which point he mentioned they didnt stock it but could get it in (fair enough just as i expected). he then got hnis book out thumbed the pages of a computer print out and told me that the lens would be around £650-700 inc vat. i then asked as to whether that was the best price they could do and whether that was the NON MACRO version, he was like "i dont think it is, it doesnt say"

at which point i pointed to the top of the page where the page was dated xx/06/2005 and asked if he had an upto date price, he didnt and remained that the lens would cost the same as previously stated...

needless to say i wont be buying from a shop that cant even be bothered to give me an uptodate price for something (as lets face it prices in photography dont change do they....) and are obviously genuinely interested in me making a sale. however i know that this is probably an isolated incident as other members of staff have been uber helpful in the past.

just a warning
oh and cathedral cameras (jessops) inchester wont price match neither, however preston branch will.... - dispite all of these "WE WONT BE BEATEN ON PRICE" posters in the windows (i obviously missed the tiny wording of "on DLSR prices however we will RIP you off on lenses!" that said the price they quoted for the macro lens was cheaper than LCE quoted for the non macro

Whitewash........i'm dissapointed m8.

If you were in chester you should have PM'd me.

I got my sigma ex 70-200 f2.8 from camera solutions on frodsham street.
I paid 560 including a hoya 77mm UV

I refuse t go into the cathedral branch of jessops because of the scary :eek: blonde bird, ans the branch on pepper street junction don't really try that hard to help either.

LCE are a shop i've only used for certain bits, but they've always been more expensive than Camera solutions.

you live in chester DF?

i only popped in for a gander as i wanted to allow virgin megastore to fleece me of some more money, and thought id check some prices while i was there. ill probably end up buying off the net for it i think, but would prefer to buy in a shop

ill have to wait for another month though as i havent the cash yet, only £300

yup, i'm in Chester

Cumbria to Chester for a few Cd's is a bit extreme in'it :eek:

Blimey......I have rels just outside helsby, was there last night :eek:

Do Jessops ever price match on lenses/flashes etc., or is it just pot luck? I got a great price match on the camera, but I've heard that they don't match on anything else. By coincidence, I was in Chester yesterday!! :D

Well their official policy now, is either no price matching at all (except for their current SLR price matching policy), OR, they will price match, but to local stores only, within an xx mile radius.

I bet their shareholders have been feeling the pinch since they stopped price matching, since I got into photography I've seen countless comments about people preferring to buy from Jessops because they're a local store, and only doing so, because they price matched. Their 'standard' prices are in the PC World and Dixons range :D

Jessops did a price match on my Tamron 28-300 on a uk based website .

Had to print out the webpage then they phoned up to check stock , then blood samples , note from my mum , 3 old school reports , DNA testing on my kids hamster.......

But they did price match in the end :)

Kate said:
By coincidence, I was in Chester yesterday!! :D

No wonder the weather was crap. :LOL:

In fact........i thought I saw you drive over the Old dee bridge coming out of the town centre, yesterday afternoon. prolly wasn't though :D

Back