How to send print to US

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I received my first order for a framed print to US and I am looking for advice on the best postal / courier service and also some packaging advice.
The print is 16x12 plus frame size. Professionally framed with acrylic glass.

Is royal mail suitable for this or I am better of with a courier? Priority is to get the frame to the customer in one piece ;)

I use this website for comaprisons

Personally I would go for a tracked door to door service, and avoid anything that just ends up going into USPS (United States Postal Service) - my experiences of USPS have not been great (both in getting stuff from USA to UK and vice-versa)

I'd also look at making sure there is adequate insurance cover

Personally I'd be sending it frameless and rolled. I sent a fair few prints to the US when I had a web shop, and framing was excluded as an option for anything going outside the UK.

I also use transglobal express and/or Parcel2Go. Use a reputable courier who is likely to handle both ends of the transaction rather than handing it to their partner company. Fedex, DHL, UPS.

I'd put a layer of polystryene each side, plus a decent box.

I use this website for comaprisons

Personally I would go for a tracked door to door service, and avoid anything that just ends up going into USPS (United States Postal Service) - my experiences of USPS have not been great (both in getting stuff from USA to UK and vice-versa)

I'd also look at making sure there is adequate insurance cover
Thank you. Do you know if I post via royal mail recorded, will it go through any local US provider?

Thank you. Do you know if I post via royal mail recorded, will it go through any local US provider?

I'm fairly certain that Royal Mail will get handled by USPS the other side of the pond - that said I have succesfully vlaimed for damaged goods sent via Royal Mail to the USA, but when Is ent something valuable (£900) I used UPS as at the time their insurance (combined with shipping) was cheapest - I did that direct through teh UPS website.

I would be tempted to use honeycomb packing in the box just larger than frame

Back