How to use the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII, X1R-N, with SB-910?

Name
Charlie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Nikon D810. I connect the X1R-N to my SB-910. I set the X1R-N to the same group and channel as I have it on my R2 Pro MarkII. The issue is, whatever setting I have it on the R2 Pro MarkII, it didn't get through to the flash. For example, the mode and amount of power I set on the R2 Pro MarkII was not received on the speed light. It does trigger the flash but none of the settings got through. What mode or setting on the SB-910 should I set it to when I'm using it with the X1R-N?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure the SB-910 should be in basic TTL mode. But I don't think you'll see any change in its display, if that's what you're expecting. The settings on the R2 Pro tell the X1R-N what to do and it turns the SB-910 on and off.

I see. Yes, there is nothing change on the display of the SB-910 but it does work. I'm just not sure if it actually gets the settings from the R2 Pro.

It should be easy enough to tell from the results. If you're using the R2 Pro to set the flash power, set it to 1/1 and take a shot - the SB-910 should give a good healthy 'woomph' of flash. Next set the R2 Pro to 1/128 and take a shot - the SB-910 should give a pathetic little 'ping' of flash. If you're using TTL then take a shot at each of the maximum and minimum aperture of your lens and see if the two frames are both correctly exposed.

Back