HP Z3100/3200 Carriage Belt replacement

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone replaced the carriage belt on their HP Z3100 or 3200. My one started making a pinging noise and I can now see it is starting to shred. Looks like a big job but doable and as usual with these things the parts are easy to source in teh USA but not as plentiful in the UK, at least as a kit.

The parts are easy to source it is the massive amount of dismantling that is required that scares me a bit.

Simon, I did one one on my Z3200 44" it looks complex but its easy to do, it just needs doing carefully, the hardist part is getting the front bottom of the printer to come off, the clips are a real pain to undo, just follow the instructions and all will be ok.

I will find the instructions i followed and post them for you, as the service manual is not that good.

Simon, I did one one on my Z3200 44" it looks complex but its easy to do, it just needs doing carefully, the hardist part is getting the front bottom of the printer to come off, the clips are a real pain to undo, just follow the instructions and all will be ok.

I will find the instructions i followed and post them for you, as the service manual is not that good.
Thanks. It is the 24" so perhaps a little easier

Thanks. It is the 24" so perhaps a little easier
possibly but not much, only buy the genuine HP belt, also get a rear carriage bushing as it might break when reasembling the printer they are not expensive

here is the site with all the info (the video has been removed from youtube so i have put another one linked, they guy doing it has a great dry sense of humour)

View: https://youtu.be/P1SOr0tKLP4

its not too difficult just take your time

possibly but not much, only buy the genuine HP belt, also get a rear carriage bushing as it might break when reasembling the printer they are not expensive

here is the site with all the info (the video has been removed from youtube so i have put another one linked, they guy doing it has a great dry sense of humour)

View: https://youtu.be/P1SOr0tKLP4

its not too difficult just take your time
Brilliant, thanks. I'll get the parts ordered. Buying OEM would normally be my choice but it is a common fault on these machines and the belt by HP is clearly a poor product. I'll still probably buy OEM though

Brilliant, thanks. I'll get the parts ordered. Buying OEM would normally be my choice but it is a common fault on these machines and the belt by HP is clearly a poor product. I'll still probably buy OEM though
The HP belt is a lot better than the 3rd party ones I have seen, my Z3200 was used in my printing and framing shop, it litterly did tens of thousands of prints I had it around 8 years I think, only wore 1 belt out and my printing was all done on 44" if possible so the belt had some hammer, only other thing to go was the fan motor on the PSU but that wasnt too big a job.
If you dont have yours on a UPS unit I would get one for it just incase you have a power outage, the UPS lets you finish the print (saving paper and ink), but will also save the PSU from possibly going up in smoke from high or low, surge or power dip.

Back