HSBC underpass

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Not a great exposure, I should have used a tripod and gotten more exposures of the shadows, mine are pushed to far during PP resulting in all the nose and grime.

I hope you like it even so. :)

BankHole.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that (y) what and unusual PoV I think that it works really well, not sure what the area is like but I would say that would make a different location to do a star trail :thinking:

Nice work (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I'd say very well spotted and makes for a very interesting and unusual pic (y)

Yeah maybe, its the Docklands in central London so whether id ever get to see the stars is another matter. ..would be class though, good idea. :) (y)

I was up in London on Friday night looking for star trail locations. I'm not easily beaten but I reckon Docklands is a tough gig. Ambient light is no worse than the rest of the city but there's just too many lights left on in buildings. Wouldn't stop me trying but I'd want more time and more company than I had on Friday. Up for it?

In passing through the area I suddenly developed even greater respect for your compositions. Sure, there's lots of potential but there's also a lot of architectural noise which you manage to positively exclude or work to your advantage. Good stuff!

Yeah I'm up for that Andrew, Between us we should find something new I'm sure,...just poke me a few days before. I'm pretty local should be able to meet you.

I have a lot of urban star trails that I did with an Uncle as a lad in the late eighties, he owned a factory under the spaghetti junction of Birmingham's motorway network and we spent hours, well I mostly copied him, shooting some pretty impressive combinations (wish I could show you but I don't have a scanner...shots are a little lacking in lustre, old and faded anyway IYKWIM)
One of the tools he often referred to was making up cardboard cut outs to block overly bright areas. ...Have you tried this way? (sorry I've read your dome blog but not the urban)... Its probably the solution to the Docklands excess light problem...like that shot above, If we had one vertical rectangular black card (to match the building..Oh and a bit for the train) held in front of the lens, that could do the trick?

just about timings after that...

Last edited:
I like it but would also like to see it cropped with mainly the centre part as I find the side bits distracting from the middle too much.

Yes they are heavy aren't they. That is the point of the composition a little if I might counter. Good points. thanks Scott.

edit. You made me think about if the underpass had been properly exposed would that have balanced the distraction into acceptance and made it work better... probably I think.

Last edited:
I like it. Would have been awesome if they lit up the hsbc logo!

FB

Bloody good location for the shot mate, I have alway been either on the DLR or in a vehicle when I have passed that location but it was alway in the memory banks to visit.

As usual you beat me to it.... Cracking shot mate....

Love the POV and motion of the train.

Top stuff

Nigel

Nice shot well spotted buddy..

Makes me want to come back down and do another all nighter,,,:naughty:

Dave(y)

I was just thinking of arranging a meet ... you coming down soon, when? :)

Thanks.

No dates yet buddy . You go ahead and sort out a meet and I will do my best to make it down. ;)

Back